The Chase For The Real Stanley Cup: 2024 Cup Playoffs Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They really should have pulled the goalie when they had that faceoff in the Panthers Zone with just over 3 minutes left. No point in waiting. Not that they would have scored but still.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Did McDavid come out? I remember J.S. Guigerre or however you spell it winning it one year and he was out there (as the losing player)
J.S Giguere in 2003 with the Anaheim mighty ducks and Ron Hextall in 1987 with the Philadelphia flyers were the last conn smythe/playoff mvp trophy winners from the losing finalist team. Both won it after losing game 7 of the finals

Both were goaltenders who carried their teams all the way to one game away from the Stanley cup

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

I get why this gets brought up often; however, the NHL isn't an international tournament. It's a domestic league.

The Stanley Cup Final wasn't Team USA vs Team Canada; it was city vs. city. Also, both teams have Canadian players (along with American and European players)

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How many NHL squads are in Canada?

Toronto (the Lakers of the NHL without any chips since the 60s)

Montreal (most historic team. The Yankees of the NHL. They have like 24 cups I think but haven’t won’t since the early 90s)

Ottawa (bums)

Jets (good team but they in the middle of nowhere & it’s hard to get stars to go or stay there)

Oilers (just lost..but they’ve had the two best players of all time on the team. Gretzky & McDavid)

Flames (they left Atlanta in the 70s to go to Calgary. Won in the late 80s but ain’t done shyt since. They have a good history with minority players though)

Canucks (famously burned their city down after they lost the cup in 2011 :mjlol: ain’t don’t shyt since)

7 teams
32 years of tears :mjgrin: