The Carmichael Show - Jerrod Carmichael's NBC Sitcom CANCELLED after 3 Seasons - JERROD WALKS AWAY

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Real talk... That show was really tame... There was no reason for NBC to pull that episode like they did... We live in such a sensitive society brehs... :scust:

We are probably losing out on so many good tv shows and movies because of people being so sensitive. This episode was extra light on the jokes and they still got shook.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I kicked this show to the bushes after the first couple of episodes in S01 because Jarrod Carmichael is bizarre looking and his awkwardness annoyed me.
But I went back and watched the first 2 seasons on Netflix and I love this show now.
Still could do with about 99.9% less Carmichael but David Allen Grier and Loretta Divine are so fukking hilarious that I can overlook him.

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
Damn... It's over brehs:mjcry:

UPDATED with cancellation confirmation:NBC’s The Carmichael Show won’t be returning for a fourth season. The network and studio announced the news shortly after creator and star Jerrod Carmichael revealed he was exiting the series, and as cast options were set to expire at the end of today.

Carmichael released a statement today Deadline through his publicist.

“For three seasons (okay 2.5), I got to make a show that I love with my friends. It’s something I’ve wanted to do since I was 13. Now, I’m excited to go make other things that I love. Thank you to every person who worked on or watched the Carmichael show,” he said.

Just like last May, we heard renewal negotiation between NBC and 20th TV had been difficult, with the two sides far apart and talks going slowly. With no clear indications from the network one way or the other, I hear 20th TV quietly sent out feelers to other networks to gauge potential interest in case NBC opted to cancel the show.

“The Carmichael Show was such a wonderful show that we choose to focus today not on its loss but on the three incredible seasons we had the pleasure to produce,” said 20th Century Fox TV presidents Jonnie Davis and Howard Kurtzman today in a statement. “We are thankful to the brilliant Jerrod Carmichael and his talented cast, and to showrunner Danielle Sanchez-Witzell, our fantastic writers and devoted production team. It’s a rarity that a comedy series tackles the social and political issues of the day in such a clever and hilariously funny way. This show was special, and we will miss it.”

Said Bob Greenblatt, Chairman and Jennifer Salke, President, NBC Entertainment: “We are enormously proud of The Carmichael Show and Jerrod’s talent and vision to do a classic family sitcom that also taps into issues and relevant stories from the real world. We thank and salute the cast, crew, and producers — and especially Jerrod — for three critically-acclaimed seasons.”

Season 3 of The Carmichael Show — a rare critically praised multi-camera sitcom — was produced for this midseason but was held until May 31. There had been concerns the delay would chip away at the show’s timeliness, which had been part of its DNA as the show had regularly taken on hot-button subjects like police violence.

But Season 3 has proven very timely — two weeks ago NBC even moved to postpone at the last minute an episode that deals with a mass shooting as it fell on a day of two real-life mass shootings in the U.S. — including the shooting at a Congressional GOP baseball practice. The network’s decision was publicly criticized by Carmichael who called it “criminal.” That episode aired last night.

Last week, The Carmichael Show tackled the N-word and whether white people can say it on the heels of the controversy surrounding comedian Bill Maher’s use of the word on his HBO show.

Ratings-wise, The Carmichael Show has been relatively stable. Airing on Wednesday behind Little Big Shots and its offshoot Little Big Shots: Forever Young, the comedy’s ratings have stayed within the 0.7-0.9 adults 18-49 Live+Same Day rating.

The Carmichael Show, from 20th TV, which is the leading studio, and Universal TV, scored a dramatic eleventh-hour renewal last year, with a deal coming after NBC had announced its fall schedule and its executives had faced questions about the show’s uncertain future in light of its acclaim.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...aving-the-carmichael-show-nbc-1202122423/amp/

Last edited:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
So is Jerrod walking away the reason it got cancelled? I figured there would be tension because of the way Jerrod went at them for handling the mass shooting episode.

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
So is Jerrod walking away the reason it got cancelled? I figured there would be tension because of the way Jerrod went at them for handling the mass shooting episode.

From what I'm reading online... looks like he walked away... man that sucks... show was doing good ratings wise... maybe the tension with NBC was a factor