The Carmichael Show - Jerrod Carmichael's NBC Sitcom CANCELLED after 3 Seasons - JERROD WALKS AWAY

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
She took too long, NeKeisha however left before she whooped some ass:russ:
They were pretzel rolls :whoa:, but I get your point.

Some of the points Jerrod was making about black people not being boxed in to doing certain things was on point, but his friend being comfortable to say nikka like that in front of his family and the way the two restaurants were depicted :mjpls:. I get the fact that Florentine's was supposed to be shown as a more upscale place than Niecy's, but waiting 30 mins for drinks :francis: and the way black dude said we ain't got Sprite, only Pepsi :gucci:. There weren't any better black places to go in the area they live in?

Water >>>> Sparkling water

Bobby getting his mom Luther Vandross CD's, body oil, and chocolates for her birthday :mjlol:
I didn't think Jerrod made good points at all, his dream of having white people feeling comfortable to say nikka was just lame. Also the idea that white restaurants have prompt service is a lie.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I took the episode to represent how we sometimes overlook folks we know are racist or have those tendencies if they offer good product.

I wasn't feeling the point about letting white folks call him nikka though. I fully understand the point about saving the energy for bigger causes but you still got to check dude calling you nikka like that.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I took the episode to represent how we sometimes overlook folks we know are racist or have those tendencies if they offer good product.

I wasn't feeling the point about letting white folks call him nikka though. I fully understand the point about saving the energy for bigger causes but you still got to check dude calling you nikka like that.
It doesn't take much energy at all to tell white people that it's not okay for them to say nikka, the problem is we don't have a solution to solve the bigger problems so what are we saving up all this energy for?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
She took too long, NeKeisha however left before she whooped some ass:russ:

I didn't think Jerrod made good points at all, his dream of having white people feeling comfortable to say nikka was just lame. Also the idea that white restaurants have prompt service is a lie.

I was more thinking about when Jerrod and his family were at home and he was getting them to open up. His talk about Ellen was :francis: