The Carmichael Show - Jerrod Carmichael's NBC Sitcom CANCELLED after 3 Seasons - JERROD WALKS AWAY

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Jerrod Carmichael comes off very new black and feminine on the show, he likes gentrification, can't open jars, and was justifying the way men have become weaker over time.

This statement right here is accurate as hell :smh:

Seen the first 2 seasons were up on Netflix, so a breh had to check it out cause Jerrod is from my hometown :ehh:

with that being said.... This show is "New Black" as hell, I dead ass want to cave in Jerrod's character bird-ass chest.

some of the things he said are cringe-worthy as hell, for instance one time he lectured Maxine, then ended it by saying "If Lincoln himself heard my speech he woulda freed me first :smugbiden:"

:snoop:

also how come every time Loretta Devine's character was on screen she deliverd her line like this :damn:

David Alan Greer's character was the star of this show, and the main reason I toughed it out.... even tho some the things they had him saying in the later episodes was :patrice:

its obvious this show has a gang of CAC writers, and tries come off as edgy but non-confrontational at the same time.
Rel's character got better as the episodes progressed, but starting out with him being cool with his Wife's side dude was bogus as hell :aicmon:

I could go on and on but whatever, also 'The Cheating' episode really showed how weak we are as a society for companionship and our lack of morals. Jerrod was really cool with being ol girl's side dude, and Maxine told ol boy straight she couldn't promise him he would never cheat on him :comeon:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Show is good. I still say Jerrod is the worst part of his own show (on screen). :pachaha:DAG, Tiffany, and Lil Rel are untouchable and Loretta is cool even with her screaming.

Last edited:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Show is good. I still say Jerrod is the worst part of his own show (on screen). :pachaha:DAG, Tiffany, and Lil Rel are untouchable and Loretta is cool when with her screaming.
set design/budget is the worst part of the show for me. its just odd seeing an entire show shot in like 2 tiny rooms with very little movement. so much of their lives take place in those 2 rooms lol

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This statement right here is accurate as hell :smh:

Seen the first 2 seasons were up on Netflix, so a breh had to check it out cause Jerrod is from my hometown :ehh:

with that being said.... This show is "New Black" as hell, I dead ass want to cave in Jerrod's character bird-ass chest.

some of the things he said are cringe-worthy as hell, for instance one time he lectured Maxine, then ended it by saying "If Lincoln himself heard my speech he woulda freed me first :smugbiden:"

:snoop:

also how come every time Loretta Devine's character was on screen she deliverd her line like this :damn:

David Alan Greer's character was the star of this show, and the main reason I toughed it out.... even tho some the things they had him saying in the later episodes was :patrice:

its obvious this show has a gang of CAC writers, and tries come off as edgy but non-confrontational at the same time.
Rel's character got better as the episodes progressed, but starting out with him being cool with his Wife's side dude was bogus as hell :aicmon:

I could go on and on but whatever, also 'The Cheating' episode really showed how weak we are as a society for companionship and our lack of morals. Jerrod was really cool with being ol girl's side dude, and Maxine told ol boy straight she couldn't promise him he would never cheat on him :comeon:
Yeah I be looking at the some of the stuff like :patrice:, but I think they go that route just to play the devil's advocate in a sense as in someone has to do it. Like how pops turned out to be a full blown trump supporter

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
set design/budget is the worst part of the show for me. its just odd seeing an entire show shot in like 2 tiny rooms with very little movement. so much of their lives take place in those 2 rooms lol
Yeah I was only talking about the cast. The set definitely needs some love. It almost feels like they're still in their pilot season like the black shows from the 90s. It's like you could tell the network wasn't gonna spend ANY extra dough until they were sure the show would get picked up.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I got put on to this show late but love it. It is funny how they have some characters reaching so they can have somebody playing devil's advocate on every subject. And sadly the two main characters are the least funny. I do like how the show addresses how bad Jerrod comes off as a know it all with his comedy.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah I was only talking about the cast. The set definitely needs some love. It almost feels like they're still in their pilot season like the black shows from the 90s. It's like you could tell the network wasn't gonna spend ANY extra dough until they were sure the show would get picked up.

It's easy to see that NBC has no respect for the show. Jerrod called them out on it...

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Been watchin this for the past few days since I saw it netflix pretty good show

Jerrod has to be the weakest part and its his show

Damn near everyone in the cast out stages him even Maxine

Lil Rel be havin me :deadrose: breh is so throwd off