The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Is setting a limit price important?

Yes, otherwise the broker makes money off you on the spread.

Setting a limit makes you tell the broker "pay x price, or potentially less "

Market is "give me whatever price you can get"

Buy a cheap stock at market, and you'll see that usually you're "down" out the gate because you got filled at the highest possible price.

Downside is fast moving stocks might be blow past your limit price.

Daps
GME and AMC are two different stocks that began as meme stocks, but have since diverged on to separate paths. The earnings report for AMC will not impact the stock in any measurable fashion. At this stage, everyone knows the earnings of a company whose business was adversely impacted due to a pandemic that’s only now waning will be unimpressive. There’s nothing to see there that isn’t already known. The more important news is AMC’s CEO forcing a count of the shares. That’s huge and will go a long way towards making room for the squeeze.

:unimpressed:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand Breh and have been burned before buying on the upswing but in my opinion it’s worth it to get in now. They just had a legit catalyst in the form of receiving FDA approval for some shyt related to...eyes :yeshrug:

That joint was heavily shorted up until this past Friday and now has ZERO shares to short. That means that the hedge funds don’t really have ammo to trigger panic selling and when the brokers come a calling for those short shares :blessed:

I made 3k off it today and bought in this morning. Shyt is gonna get wild...

EDIT: I’m not a financial advisor. I just like the stock :wow:
Yea I gave in, it’s already over 20 in the pre market. Invo looking hot as well

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GME and AMC are two different stocks that began as meme stocks, but have since diverged on to separate paths. The earnings report for AMC will not impact the stock in any measurable fashion. At this stage, everyone knows the earnings of a company whose business was adversely impacted due to a pandemic that’s only now waning will be unimpressive. There’s nothing to see there that isn’t already known. The more important news is AMC’s CEO forcing a count of the shares. That’s huge and will go a long way towards making room for the squeeze.

:unimpressed:
Approaching $10, I kinda regret not buying more