The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
damn breh , what career u got??
I'm just a blue collar worker. I put some of my free money into the stock market as a hobby. Some people are into sports I left that behind and got into stocks. That Microsoft position I didn't even get it at a discount I just bought at regular prices and it grew. Granted you can get stocks that grow way better than 1x your investment in 2 years but it comes back to risk. In all fairness I got that Apple stock back on a market correction in 2019. Those Tesla shares (just 5) I bought after the stock split when it was $380 a share.

If you wanna make money in the market long term and don't want all the risk just buy and hold great companies. When you start wanting to take on more risk you buy promising companies that grow fast or new companies with potential.

Buying stuff like AMC and GME it was obvious at some point they were gonna crash.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm just a blue collar worker. I put some of my free money into the stock market as a hobby. Some people are into sports I left that behind and got into stocks. That Microsoft position I didn't even get it at a discount I just bought at regular prices and it grew. Granted you can get stocks that grow way better than 1x your investment in 2 years but it comes back to risk. In all fairness I got that Apple stock back on a market correction in 2019. Those Tesla shares (just 5) I bought after the stock split when it was $380 a share.

If you wanna make money in the market long term and don't want all the risk just buy and hold great companies. When you start wanting to take on more risk you buy promising companies that grow fast or new companies with potential.

Buying stuff like AMC and GME it was obvious at some point they were gonna crash.
You don't really do much trading during the day then? You just buy and hold.