"The Breaks", 2016 VH1 original film with Tristan Wilds, Wood Harris, & Method Man

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I remember when i was younger i was visiting my cousin in Queens and we was all outside of his building this was like in 92 i was probably like 10 i think
Tried to call myself battle rapping lol
Got sonned back into my aunties apartment :francis:

That was the end of my lil rap dreams :russ:

That's how it usually happens lol I was comin from a spoken word vibe and tried to format it into ciphers around high school ..:wow: but methinks the laughter from the crowd at my fusion led me to guitar lol

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
I remember when i was younger i was visiting my cousin in Queens and we was all outside of his building this was like in 92 i was probably like 10 i think
Tried to call myself battle rapping lol
Got sonned back into my aunties apartment :francis:

That was the end of my lil rap dreams :russ:
Was this u biggie sonned :krs:

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I was thinking the same thing when I saw Meth playing someone's dad. :mjlol: My rap heros are old enough to have grown kids... time flies and the 90's feel like yesterday. It's cool that hip hop is slowly starting to accept older rappers, just because they're older does not mean they aren't dope anymore!

P. Diddy's son is like 23 years old now....all them 90s cats are old. Time flies.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I figured it had to be a series bout an hour in..no way we're they gonna tie everything up in the last hour.

I hope the series is as good as this movie...

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
If the movie did well they'd make it a show. No clue how it did tho

To be honest, I didn't see much posted about this anywhere online after it aired, so I don't think it had quite the impact they would be looking for.

Surprised your guys at TSS didn't do much with it right before/right after.

When the trailer dropped a month back it was up, but after that nothing.

I'm not hearing great things about it though, and I haven't even bothered to check it out myself.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
To be honest, I didn't see much posted about this anywhere online after it aired, so I don't think it had quite the impact they would be looking for.

Surprised your guys at TSS didn't do much with it right before/right after.

When the trailer dropped a month back it was up, but after that nothing.

I'm not hearing great things about it though, and I haven't even bothered to check it out myself.

We almost did something but I think only like three of us checked it and we all didn't like the third act :russ: but I checked the wrap and they did well ratings wise and they had an impact on social media. The one thing we did do on it was Irv being in his feelings about it and hammer too

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
We almost did something but I think only like three of us checked it and we all didn't like the third act :russ: but I checked the wrap and they did well ratings wise and they had an impact on social media. The one thing we did do on it was Irv being in his feelings about it and hammer too

I've just been trying to read between the lines of people who talked about it as either a good movie/backdoor pilot, or just people happy to see/hear HIp-Hop on TV, because I've got a ton of genuinely good shyt I need to watch, and that hour and a half+ is an episode of Deadwood and Peaky Blinders or Humans I could be watching :russ:

Gone are the days where I would watch literally anything and everything. I'm more discerning than I used to be as someone over 25 now.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
12 minutes into this movie & I'm realizing that 50 Cent's "I Get Money" and Tyrese's "Dumb shyt" sampled from songs on this soundtrack.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Bell Biv DeVoe's "Posion"

:dj2::stylin:It's LIT whenever I watch an early 90's Movie or TV Show and this joint comes on.