The Boys: Season 4 | Prime Video | *Assassination Run | Season Finale Out Now

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I think we can ALL agree on this, homelander can rip them all to shreds in seconds but just hasn't just for the sake of the show continuing. Its the elephant in the room no one wants to mention but its so true,
There’s such a power imbalance between the Boys and Homelander that they can only be in the same room so many times. I’m always weary of shows with that dynamic, the inconsistent/circular writing becomes too obvious to ignore.

At least in season 3, they tried to even the playing field by having the Boys take temp V and enlist Soulja Boy. In this season, there were multiple opportunities where Homelander could have just ended the series right then and there and really had nothing in the way of stopping him besides the writing.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
There’s such a power imbalance between the Boys and Homelander that they can only be in the same room so many times. I’m always weary of shows with that dynamic, the inconsistent/circular writing becomes too obvious to ignore.

At least in season 3, they tried to even the playing field by having the Boys take temp V and enlist Soulja Boy. In this season, there were multiple opportunities where Homelander could have just ended the series right then and there and really had nothing in the way of stopping him besides the writing.
You have to consider the scale of things and his goal. The Boys themselves aren’t of much concern to him any longer. HL is trying to take the country over and they don’t pose a threat to him in doing so. They posed a threat to Victoria and only politically, but she assured HL that wouldn’t happen because they know she would kill them. So at this point the boys are only an inconvenience to him simply because the govt already knows what HL is doing and the only way to stop him was politically. And that’s something Huey and them have no control over except with Victoria and that’s part of the reason HL exposed her as a supe. To remove any leverage. Homelanders indifference to them is the only reason he doesn’t care about them outside of butcher and that’s just because of Ryan. Now he doesn’t care about Ryan either so yeah. They are non factors to him.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You are making an awful comparison. Homelander can clearly control the intensity of his lasers. They were doing it as fourplay, and even then it was burning her. Ryan was trying to kill her. Big difference

You are trying to tell me that a knife hurting Neuman, but not a bullet to the face isn't a continuity error? If not, why did the boys go through all that trouble to kill Neuman, all they needed was Starlight to stab her.

Its just like the Boys talking about how you basically need a nuclear weapon to hurt Homelander, yet Maeve stabbed him with a pencil and had him bloody. Starlight should just shank him too, since that makes sense to you.
They did try to get starlight to get her but her head popping into a billion pieces kinda made that not happen

Maybe it would be easier if you just thought "SOME Supes are stronger than bullets" That would make her strong enough to not be effected by it, but also if she's stronger than the gun/bullet combo, then she could easily cut herself using enough strength

And yes, all supes have super strength and durability

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Just finished watching this as a binge. It was good but I understand people saying it's not as good.

Homelander is still really good. But it really, REALLY sticks out when he has nothing to do. They need someone that can hit him and this season sorely lacked that character. I loved the episode where he went back to the lab. Seeing what made John Homelander into what and how he is was crazy. Dude had a story for each door. And when he left....WOW!

Not gonna do a play by play of every episode. But there was some good stuff in this season. It's just way outweighed by too much bad stuff. The Frenchie shyt was absolute garbage. Trash beginning, middle and end. Then they just press the button and he's out of prison. What was the point. I don't usually try to be that guy but it just smelled of, "we NEED to have homosexuality on this show and if not we will cancel you." It was THAT heavy handed.

On that note. Not one titty. I'm serious, not one exposed female breast this season. Laugh if you want, but you see the amount of gay Gay GAY GAY GAY stuff on this show, of which they show graphically, but no instances of graphic female nudity. Why is that? Of all the things you see on this show, drugs, alcohol, depravity, ra.pe, murder, torture, etc. Why does it feel like this show has a ban on showing women naked? Like it's in the production notes, "do not exploit women!" Meanwhile dudes dikks are flopping around during fight scenes and dudes are having gay orgies in the locker room. And it's already been talked about in this thread but Milk keeps getting put into gay sexual (assault) situations. What in the hell?

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You have to consider the scale of things and his goal. The Boys themselves aren’t of much concern to him any longer. HL is trying to take the country over and they don’t pose a threat to him in doing so. They posed a threat to Victoria and only politically, but she assured HL that wouldn’t happen because they know she would kill them. So at this point the boys are only an inconvenience to him simply because the govt already knows what HL is doing and the only way to stop him was politically. And that’s something Huey and them have no control over except with Victoria and that’s part of the reason HL exposed her as a supe. To remove any leverage. Homelanders indifference to them is the only reason he doesn’t care about them outside of butcher and that’s just because of Ryan. Now he doesn’t care about Ryan either so yeah. They are non factors to him.

:mjlol:SO WHY DID HE CAPTURE THEM
AT THE END OF THE FINALE?

STOP TRYING TO
RATIONALIZE THIS BULLshyt
:devil:
:evil:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This season was good, but not on par with previous ones. I like how they plan to finish the series though. :ehh:

-Deep’s relationship with the octopus was some character arc fukkery. :mjlol:

-went all out with the :dame:, but the Madrox cloner was :dead:

-MM looked different. This the first season he didn’t have a beard? He looked smaller too.