The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The Birth of a Nation (2016) - Daily Box Office Results - Box Office Mojo

13 Milli on Day 13. Every Million it gets it's a celebration.

tumblr_n9f6g3j5u41txufzyo1_400.gif

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
I was gonna go support my brother in the memory of our lost brother Nat Turner:salute: until Fox did something totally disgusting. A few weeks ago while watching a trailer for the movie.....they through in images of a BLM protest:scust:. These reptiles are despicable trying to create their own Babylon in our dispair.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's not just that white people were raised to think that they're better than black people, it's that they're raised to be in control of black people and they're taught that it's their birth right to do so. They're taught from birth that black lives are worthless and can only ever be worth something insofar as a white master gives their lives meaning and purpose. They're trained from birth to see black people as fear itself - something to be conquered and contained.

I wanted the film to highlight the fact that there was no redemption for this white society: they literally cling to their delusions of whiteness for dear life. They are not merely cold and heartless, they are crazed and their society reinforces that and rewards them for that. It takes a certain level of craziness to be capable of enslaving, mutilating and killing your own children (read: mulattoes) and your society at large doesn't so much as bat an eye. In fact, they take your side of it 100% of the time no matter how petty - or false - the reason you kill them for is. It's no different than how thousands of black men were lynched in the 20th century for the most trivial of reasons and the most baseless of claims. How many of their executioners ever saw a day in court?
Do you think Nate didn't want to touch on that since Django sort of did. :patrice:

I'm trying to think of reasons why he didn't address that, but I can't :francis:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Do you think Nate didn't want to touch on that since Django sort of did. :patrice:

I'm trying to think of reasons why he didn't address that, but I can't :francis:

I think it's just a difference of opinion, ultimately.

Nate (based on the movie, I don't know him like that, obviously) probably thinks that it is a wicked system that gets the majority of people to get in line--whether via major incentives or force--and thus they do what they do. Nate probably would agree somewhat with @FruitOfTheVale, except he may argue that those people aren't as numerous, but several of them happen to be in very powerful / influential places.

@FruitOfTheVale contends a different perspective, which he detailed in a previous post

Where both may agree is that once that "line" is crossed, there is no turning back.

Low key, this is basically the "Cesar vs. Koba" debate from Rise of the Planet of the apes, when you think about it.

Last edited: