The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The rebellion should've been longer. Both the rebellion and the build up. The final Act felt rushed. That's a legit criticism.

Complaints about the gore of the white folk deaths vs that against black folks is BS
Why?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This was great and I left the theater with some tears in my eyes:mjcry:

How does this have 5.5/10 on IMDB:dwillhuh:

I didn't even know Gabrielle Union was in this who did she play?

The haters and racists were shytting on the movie before it even came out, giving it a bunch of 1 star ratings.

Gabby Union was:

Ester, Hark's wife. She's the woman that was desired by the white guest at Sam Turner's home. Hark and Nat try to convince Sam Turner to not go with it, but Sam gets pissed at Nat, saying that he's embarrassing him in front of the guest.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:whoo:

:mindblown: The people complaining about historical inaccuracies were using this book to fact check the movie???!!!!

"Confessions of Nat Turner" wasn't non-fiction and has been debunked by many Black Historians. It was actually written by a White Author who tried to say Nat was Gay and dreamed of raping White Woman. Thankfully Nate was smart to not use it as a source. Nate wrote an original screenplay based off his own research.

This is why I said these so called "Black Feminist" are in their own catagory and don't represent Black Women as a whole. I noticed them and White Writers and Jouarlist including Anderson Cooper kept bringing up "Confessions" as if it was the gospel. That's when I knew there was a strong agenda against showing a Strong Black Man in charge. LOL @ "Black Masculinity". What's wrong with showing a Black man in charge leading the way and protecting his family? That's what a man is suppose to do. This whole saga exposed how some Black Women have become puppets to White Supermacy.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:mindblown: The people complaining about historical inaccuracies were using this book to fact check the movie???!!!!
tbf, no.

The academic scholars who criticized the movie did not.

Cant say much else about the online crowd. A lot of the people who were, did not watch the movie.