The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yes, I'm white. But ignoring your simpleton race baiting shyt, Nat Turner did murder children. No matter how just the cause he was fighting for, that's something I never want to see glorified.

He was freedom fighter who murdered his oppressors. Whether they were children or not if they benefited off the forced labor of blacks they deserved what they got

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Where is that Charles s Dutton gif when you need it. The stills look like an amc doco reconstruction though

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
the-birth-of-a-nation.26559.16612_BirthofaNation_still2_NateParker_TonyEspinosa__byElliotDavis.jpg

the-birth-of-a-nation.26564.16612_BirthofaNation_still3_NateParker__byElliotDavis.jpg

Here's a first look at official images from Nate Parker's much anticipated "The Birth of a Nation," which the actor wrote, directed and also starred in, playing Nat Turner.

The official synopsis reads: Set against the antebellum South, this story follows Nat Turner, a literate slave and preacher, whose financially strained owner, Samuel Turner, accepts an offer to use Nat’s preaching to subdue unruly slaves. After witnessing countless atrocities against fellow slaves, Nat devises a plan to lead his people to freedom.

Joining Parker in front of the camera are Armie Hammer, Aja Naomi King, Jackie Earle Haley, Gabrielle Union, and Mark Boone Jr.

The film is making its World Premiere at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival as I announced in the post just before this one.

It's certainly a film that's high on my list of 2016 films to see!

No trailer yet, but these stills (above and below) should hold you over until then.

First Look at Nate Parker's Nat Turner Film, 'The Birth of a Nation'
:wow:make this happen

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
He was freedom fighter who murdered his oppressors. Whether they were children or not if they benefited off the forced labor of blacks they deserved what they got

Like I said, I'm iffy about it because they're walking a thin line. It all depends on how they handle it because it's something dangerously easy to get wrong.

Speaking of, Bill Duke is making a Nat Turner movie as well starring Keith David.

Nat Turner: Story of A Prophet (2016) - IMDb

:patrice:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
the-birth-of-a-nation.26559.16612_BirthofaNation_still2_NateParker_TonyEspinosa__byElliotDavis.jpg

the-birth-of-a-nation.26564.16612_BirthofaNation_still3_NateParker__byElliotDavis.jpg

Here's a first look at official images from Nate Parker's much anticipated "The Birth of a Nation," which the actor wrote, directed and also starred in, playing Nat Turner.

The official synopsis reads: Set against the antebellum South, this story follows Nat Turner, a literate slave and preacher, whose financially strained owner, Samuel Turner, accepts an offer to use Nat’s preaching to subdue unruly slaves. After witnessing countless atrocities against fellow slaves, Nat devises a plan to lead his people to freedom.

Joining Parker in front of the camera are Armie Hammer, Aja Naomi King, Jackie Earle Haley, Gabrielle Union, and Mark Boone Jr.

The film is making its World Premiere at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival as I announced in the post just before this one.

It's certainly a film that's high on my list of 2016 films to see!

No trailer yet, but these stills (above and below) should hold you over until then.

First Look at Nate Parker's Nat Turner Film, 'The Birth of a Nation'

:francis: This is another example of they don't teach you much about Black history in school growing up. I've heard the name Nat Turner, but I don't know shyt about him. I literally just got educated on him by reading that paragraph & this thread.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:francis: This is another example of they don't teach you much about Black history in school growing up. I've heard the name Nat Turner, but I don't know shyt about him. I literally just got educated on him by reading that paragraph & this thread.

True brotha. But it don't matter as long as your learn about him and other black historical folks. It is never too late to learn. The good part brotha is that you can pass this knowledge on to your seeds when you have them one day. You can make sure they know about Nat Turner and other brothas and sistas like him wity out depending on getting the knowledge from school or TV. They will get the knowledge from one of the most important person in their life.....their parent.

Daps
You nikkas pick the biggest dumb fukk to be inspired by.... and wonder why we always losing:scust: this shyt is pathetic. Old 1 dimensional ass nikkas getting worshipped because they choose to be savages, this shyt looks dumb as fukk.​

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes, I'm white. But ignoring your simpleton race baiting shyt, Nat Turner did murder children. No matter how just the cause he was fighting for, that's something I never want to see glorified.
Trayvon was a child too, but you were clapping your hands and buying Zimmerman paintings when he died.:francis:
Andrew Jackson and Custer killed countless Indian men woman and children and yet they are immortalized as American heroes

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Trayvon was a child too, but you were clapping your hands and buying Zimmerman paintings when he died.:francis:
Andrew Jackson and Custer killed countless Indian men woman and children and yet they are immortalized as American heroes

"You"? What the fukk are you talking about, breh?