The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Cliffnotes? I meant to post this in this thread hours ago, but I forgot too.

Too long to cliff. If you really wanna know, read it (the middle portion pertaining to the case especially).

The first and last thirds aren't anything but promo for the film and apology PR stuff by Nate and the studio.

I pretty much have been ambivalent to the film and the case, I'll watch, but this whole "messiah" thing that's been bubbling under the surface about the movie and Nate has been weird to me. A nikka made a movie about a dope historical figure, you'd think he was actually Nat Turner reincarnated or something. Talking about "he was supposed to be the one" :russ:

The one what? Like everybody was gonna get reparations after they left the theatre or some shyt.

It's 2016. The movie will drop, it'll spark conversation and a few think pieces for 2-3 weeks. Might win an award or two. That's about it.

The Coli never seizes to surprise me with how fukked up some of ya'll are in the head when it comes to interracial relationships.:russ:

This.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
NFWo2RP.jpg

ucgA1DR.jpg

This Bossip Article is probably what started all this:

Bossip like Mediafakeout or worldstar know what they are doing. They throwing fresh meat out there for the savages to go wild over.

We talk about agents all the time on here. But folks need to start coming to grips some of these sites (bossip, worldstar, Nicole bytchie, Mediafakeout and etc) are ran by agents.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they praise bw who date wm tho
just watch the fukkin movie

but it is depressing to know so many blacks in Hollywood date interracially

Breh shyt is systematic like agents and advisors stealing money from black athletes.

These folks in power ain't giving folks money to do mundane shyt like acting without strings attached or some obstacles placed in there way.

They gonna get their money back one way or another. Either in death and they take your shyt or you marry one of their own and the money goes back to them.

Reminds me of Donna Summers. She died leaving reportedly millions to her kids. They were fighting over the money, but every last child of hers is married to white folks.

That money was basically reinvested back into white hands.

Black labor (or people of color labor)....white wealth is the moral of the story all over the globe for 500 years.

The dominate culture just absorbs everything of value from so called people of color and leaves them with a blooded carcass of remains.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Bossip like Mediafakeout or worldstar know what they are doing. They throwing fresh meat out there for the savages to go wild over.

We talk about agents all the time on here. But folks need to start coming to grips some of these sites (bossip, worldstar, Nicole bytchie, Mediafakeout and etc) are ran by agents.

No, they're run by people who know what gets people clicking on their links. And since every click is making them money they use every opportunity to make the biggest click bait article they can.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Him marrying a white woman is not a rejection of black women or of his own blackness. He met somebody, they clicked, and the rest is history. That's how that shyt happens, we have little control over who we fall for.

He apparently made a great, powerful film and I see no reason to cast him aside because of who he loves.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I like breh he seems real down to earth and not hollywood. He made a movie that inspired him. He is not out preaching one thing and endorsing the other. His wife could be really cool. Let that man be.

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
he's trending on twitter again, it's getting ugly and we ain't even in october :francis:

Nate Parker’s College Rape Trial Raises Questions for ‘The Birth of a Nation’ Release

According to sources, studio executives at Searchlight are assessing the fallout from a fresh round of stories about the incident on prominent news sites and African-American-targeted sites.

The studio held a meeting on Monday morning with Parker’s team, and they are considering not granting new interviews with Parker from now until the movie debuts at the Toronto Film Festival in September. The hope is that by addressing the case well in advance of the movie’s festival run and October 7 debut, Parker can put it behind him by the time audiences get to see the movie.

if you want to read the trending tweets, News about "Nate Parker" on Twitter