The biggest lies in gaming history

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mgs v phantom pain being a finished game :mjcry:

And double for being us being mislead into thinking it was about big boss :snoop:

I didn’t really care about the switch up around big boss, we got more big boss games than solid snake games. But having to play as a weird mute version of him took the fun out of the series.

And yeah, that last half of the game where they just throw you back into the same missions on a harder difficulty felt like i got robbed. I don’t know how that game got a 93 mc

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I didn’t really care about the switch up around big boss, we got more big boss games than solid snake games. But having to play as a weird mute version of him took the fun out of the series.

And yeah, that last half of the game where they just throw you back into the same missions on a harder difficulty felt like i got robbed. I don’t know how that game got a 93 mc
The fall off in that game was crazy :why:

The presentation in the beginning is goat tier :lawd:

Then chapter 2 starts and shyt starts feeling like a fan game with how few cutscenes and story events we get :dahell:

Basically has no mid section. Just jumps into the final fight with skull face and the metal gear outta nowhere and forces you to replay more missions till you unlock the real "ending"

Which is an even bigger disappointment :francis:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

:mjtf: TPP is a perfect example of a 8.5/10 game. And also a perfect example of a game ruined by being open world. Ground Zeroes was a perfect balance of a big hub area. With plenty of ways to approach an objective. TPP’s gameplay is great but the characters, story, and game world was boring af. But since Kojima’s name was on it and his beef with Konami. Reviewers were just throwing this game 10s.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The fall off in that game was crazy :why:

The presentation in the beginning is goat tier :lawd:

Then chapter 2 starts and shyt starts feeling like a fan game with how few cutscenes and story events we get :dahell:

Basically has no mid section. Just jumps into the final fight with skull face and the metal gear outta nowhere and forces you to replay more missions till you unlock the real "ending"

Which is an even bigger disappointment :francis:

Entire 2nd half of the game felt like some source engine mod trying to complete the story, and those weak ass illustrated cutscenes at the end of chapter 1 :snoop:

Tthats why i don’t weep for the death of Metal Gear series, it was already dead after 4.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
:mjtf: TPP is a perfect example of a 8.5/10 game. And also a perfect example of a game ruined by being open world. Ground Zeroes was a perfect balance of a big hub area. With plenty of ways to approach an objective. TPP’s gameplay is great but the characters, story, and game world was boring af. But since Kojima’s name was on it, and his beef with Konami. Reviewers just was throwing this game 10s.
Game was too big for its own good

Kojima had a lot of great ideas but it would have been impossible to flesh it all out without taking several more years

Shame, cause him and his team made the beat gameplay in the series with fantastic mechanics

But good ingredients don't guarantee a great dish :francis:

Needed more time to cook or they should've trimmed down on the scope