Reppin
Brooklyn
BpUKkypIcAAQ8ST.jpg:large

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

A 19-year-old Chicago teen may one day hold the key to curing colon cancer.

If his previous successes are any indication, Keven Stonewall is well on his way to becoming the kind of scientist who leaves a lasting impact in the realm of cancer research.

In his senior year of high school, this young man from the city’s South Side was already working on a potential colon cancer vaccine at a Rush University lab,DNAInfo reports.

“My friends, family members have died from cancer,” Stonewall said in a VNM video. “A lot of people are impacted by cancer. So I felt it was my role to step up and do something about it.”

At first, his friends mocked his dedication to science. When they were out on vacation, he was holed up in his lab.

“I was one of the few kids who were engaged,” Stonewall said. “At first they were making fun of me, like ‘Come on man, why you want to be in the lab all day?’”

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...cago-teen-cure-colon-cancer-article-1.1877446

mr x

Superstar
Daps
11-Year-Old UK Boy Scores Higher than Einstein on IQ Test
By Lauren Turner

ramarni-wilfred_400x295_11.jpg

When it comes to high IQ's, names like Einstein and Stephen Hawking automatically come into the conversation.

Well now, there's a new name to add to that list: Ramarni Wilfred. The 11-year-old smart guy recently took an IQ test and scored 162, which is higher than Steven Hawking, Bill Gates and Albert Einstein.

In an interview with the Romford Reporter, the Romford-resident expressed his emotions toward the news. "I can't begin to compare myself to these great men whose hard work clearly proves that they are true geniuses," said Wilfred.

The news of Wilfred's smarts isn't new to his family. His mother, Anthea, started noticing how smart her son was, at a very young age. "By the time he was three he could read and write and from 18 months we discussed the news and his favorite book was an encyclopedia," said Anthea.

His growth and intellectual acheivement have given Wilfred the opportunity to attend Mensa, the largest society for high IQ's in the world. His acceptance will not only include invitations to events, but it will also give him a chance to commingle with people of his own age, that have similiar interests.

Even with all of the doors that his genius nature has opened--and all of the doors to come--Wilfred still sounds like a happy 11-year-old boy. "Perhaps my 'true genius' moment will come when I grow up, but for now I am just proud of myself and happy that my mum and sister are proud of me too."

http://www.essence.com/2014/07/23/11-year-old-uk-boy-scores-higher-einstein-iq-test/

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Monday, August 04, 2014 | 8:42 PM
Keke Palmer to Become Broadway's First Black Cinderella
By Yolanda Sangweni

throwback-celebrity-baby-pictures-17_240x340_51.jpg

PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
Hollywood rising star Keke Palmer will now add Broadway history maker to her resumé. The 21-year-old has been cast in Rodgers & Hammerstein'sCinderella on Broadway, beginning September 9.

This will be Palmer’s stage debut, and she's looking to singer-actress Brandy, who playedCinderella in the 1997 movie with Whitney Houston, for inspiration. "I feel like the reason I'm able to do this is definitely because Brandy did it on TV," Palmer told the Associated Press. "In me doing this, it shows everybody that everything is possible."

Palmers recently made TV history by becoming the youngest talk show host with her BET show, Just Keke, which is likely to get picked up for a full season this fall. She calls her Broadway debut a “dream come true.”

Congrats to you, Keke!

http://www.essence.com/2014/08/04/keke-palmer-become-broadways-first-black-cinderella

mr x

Superstar
Daps

And the 2014 Emmy Nominees Are…!

The nominees for the 2014 Emmy Awards have finally been announced and we’ve compiled a list of all the black actors nominated for awards in this year’s 66th Primetime Emmys.

Out of 36 awards in five different categories (for acting only), this year black actors are present in 11 award slots accounting for a little over 30% of the nominees. “Orange Is the New Black” actress Laverne Cox has made history this year by becaming the first openly transgender person nominated for an Emmy.

• Kerry Washington as “Olivia Pope” in Scandal - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series.
  • Reg E. Cathey as “Freddy” in House of Cards - Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series.
  • Joe Morton as “Rowan” in Scandal - Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series.
  • Don Cheadle as “Marty Kaan” in House Of Cards - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
  • Andre Braugher as “Captain Ray ****” in Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.
  • Uzo Aduba as “Suzanne ‘Crazy Eyes’ Warren” in Orange is the New Black - Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series.
  • Laverne Cox as “Sophia Burset” in Orange is the New Black - Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series.
  • Cicely Tyson as “Carrie Watts” in A Trip to Bountiful - Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie.
  • Chiwetel Ejiofor as “Louis Lester” in Dancing on the Edge - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie.
  • Idris Elba as “John Luther” in Luther - Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie.
  • Angela Bassett as “Marie Laveau” in American Horror Story: Coven - Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie.

courtesy of @IAMCOLI