Daps
052413-national-Betty-Shabazz.jpg

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
998362_448839101880909_124326577_n.jpg

IS 318 chess alumni Justus Williams won the Under 16 Chess Championship of the United States. Justus, a star of Brooklyn Castle, won a 4 year scholarship to college as a result of his victory.
:obama:

Powerful image....:wow:

Swag on a trillion :wow2:
tumblr_m2uymrpjmT1qgfbgio7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lzsuwbpAEM1r4uaujo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lu1cz2j4r21qegasto1_1280.png

tumblr_lyox6oKJpO1qgfbgio1_1280.jpg

I feel like a c00n for reppin' Game of Thrones. It's time for our own GoT....:yes:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Just read about this : http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013...r-makes-nasas-2013-astronaut-candidate-class/

Black Excellence: Victor J. Glover Makes NASA’s 2013 Astronaut Candidate Class

U.S. Navy Lt. Commander Victor J. Glover just got the opportunity of a lifetime. The California Polytechnic State University grad was selected from a pool of over 6,000 applicants to become one of NASA’s eight new astronaut candidates.

The astronaut trainee program will prepare the candidates for possible missions to low-Earth orbit, an asteroid and Mars by sending them through two years of rigorous technical training at space centers around the globe.

Lt. Commander Glover, who is the only African American in this year’s class, set himself apart from the other applicants by penning a clever limerick.

In addition to being one of NASA’s perspective astronauts and a F/A-18 pilot, Lt. Commander Glover and his wife Dionna have four daughters–Genesis, 10, Maya, 8, Joia, 6, and Corinne, 5. He is also a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

MWfp0on.jpg

Excellence....:obama:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Cheryl Boone Issacs - 1st Black president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

A veteran film marketer, named president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the Academy. Ms. Isaacs is the first woman to hold the Academy's presidency since Fay Kanin, who was president from 1979 to 1983, and is the first African-American to serve as president in the group's 86-year history. She previously held various Academy offices, and was most recently the group's first vice president.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I feel like a c00n for reppin' Game of Thrones. It's time for our own GoT....:yes:

1. I am gonna marry and breed with a Dark Skinned Black Woman to keep my race alive

2. http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Street-Cultural-Politics-Detroit/dp/0674005465

:wow: just look at those reviews....we need a new revolution....if this New Jim Crow aka mass incarceration finally gets us to revolt, decades from now it won't look as good if we do not have a great soundtrack of music during the movement.....

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
1. I am gonna marry and breed with a Dark Skinned Black Woman to keep my race alive

2. http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Street-Cultural-Politics-Detroit/dp/0674005465

:wow: just look at those reviews....we need a new revolution....if this New Jim Crow aka mass incarceration finally gets us to revolt, decades from now it won't look as good if we do not have a great soundtrack of music during the movement.....

1) Agree 100 percent with your first point. For me, it's black woman or bust....:salute:

2) I've felt for some time now that we are being held back by our focus on contemporary "urban" genres and themes. We need to expand our minds a bit....:yes:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1) Agree 100 percent with your first point. For me, it's black woman or bust....:salute:

2) I've felt for some time now that we are being held back by our focus on contemporary "urban" genres and themes. We need to expand our minds a bit....:yes:

Breh I am telling you right now you need to go cop that "New Jim Crow" book by Michelle.....it incorporates EVERYTHING we are talking about at some point in the writing.

We had the Harlem Renaissance in the 20s for our community........and the Motown Era in the 60s AND 70s.......

i am trying to think of creative things we can do.....I am naive optimistic hoping that since it does not look like much is gonna happen in this decade that we will have another renaissance period in the 2020s...