125th and Broadway :ahh:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Brehs... :wow:

Cameron-Clarke-585x438.jpg

Cameron Clarke might not be a name you readily recognize, but his accomplishments surely deserve to be highlighted and shared. The senior student at Germantown Academy in Fort Washington, PA scored a perfect 2400 on his SAT, a feat he credits to focus.

“I put in a lot of work,” Clarke told Philly.com columnist Jenice Armstrong. “I took a prep class with some of my friends, and I did a lot of practice tests from a book. But that only prepares you so much. The difference between getting, like, a 2400 and a couple of points lower is just focus.”

UPTOWN Magazine Cameron Clarke, 18, Receives Perfect SAT Score » UPTOWN Magazine

Let's uplift this young brotha :obama:

Jacoblacidar

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
could anybody recommend me any books on african american history and/or african history that you have read and think was very insightful thanks.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Abram Petrovich Gannibal

hannibal_abram.jpg

He was an African slave who was given to Peter the Great as a gift. Became one of the most educated men in Russia and the great grandfather of Alexander Pushkin. He was the basis of the Russian comedy "How Czar Peter The Great married off his moor"

Here's more on him

Sold into Turkish slavery, Abram Petrovich Hannibal was brought as a black servant to Czar Peter I, known as Peter the Great. He became one of the royal favorites, a general-in-chief and one of the best educated men in Russia. His great-grandson was Alexander Pushkin, the famous Russian writer who later glorified the deeds of his black ancestor in his book, The Negro of Peter the Great.

Hannibal was born on an unknown date around 1696 in the principality of Logon in present day Cameroon. Abducted by a rival tribe, Hannibal was sold to Turkish slave traders who brought him to Constantinople in 1703. As an eight-year-old boy he came to the court of Peter the Great who adopted him immediately. Being the Czar's godson, Hannibal assumed his name, Petrovich, and became his valet on Peter's various military campaigns and journeys. When the Czar visited France in 1716, Hannibal was left behind in Paris to study engineering and mathematics at a military school. Two years later, he joined the French army and fought in the war against Spain. In January 1723, Hannibal finally returned to Russia.

To Hannibal's misery, his protector Peter the Great died in 1725, leaving the black artillery lieutenant in the dependence of the royal advisor Prince Menshikov, who–due to his dislike for Hannibal–assigned him to Siberia and later to the Chinese border where his task was to measure the Great Wall.

Hannibal’s fortunes changed in 1741, when Empress Elisabeth took the throne and Hannibal was allowed to officially return from his exile although in fact he had done so clandestinely in 1731. Five years after his illegal return, he married his second wife Christina Regina von Schöberg, the daughter of a Swedish army captain, who bore him eleven children. One of his sons named Osip was the grandfather of the poet Alexander Pushkin.

Although it had been his wish to retire, Empress Elisabeth did not want to abandon Hannibal and his engineering skills. He was made commander of the city of Reval between 1743 and 1751 and by 1760 had been promoted to the rank of a full general. During his military career he oversaw various projects such as the construction of the Ladoga Canal and Russian fortresses. Abram Petrovich Hannibal died on April 20, 1781, as one of the leading pioneers of his country and probably the first outstanding engineer in Russian history.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Abram Petrovich Gannibal

hannibal_abram.jpg

He was an African slave who was given to Peter the Great as a gift. Became one of the most educated men in Russia and the great grandfather of Alexander Pushkin. He was the basis of the Russian comedy "How Czar Peter The Great married off his moor"

Here's more on him

:mj: