• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Yup... can't do nothing but add on to the stories of how I went from

:childplease:

to

:gladbron:

shyt's classic. That hook is powerful, not just because of the swift change of flow and cadence from Ju but you also gotta appreciate how Mannie switched up the beat for that part!

Word...ha is just PERFECT song and beat, hook and lyrics.

And we had NEVER heard a style like that unless you had copped soulja rags. It was some brand new shyt for real.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
if you say so....

I'm saying - the rhymes is awful on that joint. I'm all for loving the beat - being intrigued by the new style - the video being compelling - I'm even for loving it as a dumb rap song. But let's not act like he rhymed well on that joint.

@ReallyReal

504 Soulja
Daps
Reppin
7th Ward Mind Frame
U gotta be from New Orleans to really understand...........

the concept was crazy......... coming from a N.O. dude

What Juvie did was put himself, in your Grandma or Grandpa lane.......

U have to understand New Orleans slang to really get it............ this is old slang that older people used, and this is how old people talk....... using "Ha".... to reaffirmed what they thought in the first place........

Juvie dropped heavy bars on this joint.........

But BG on that remix was bananas.....

"U know if u **** wit me u dead ha"/ "Dont lie, i fukked ya baby mama and u feel played ha"

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
U gotta be from New Orleans to really understand...........

the concept was crazy......... coming from a N.O. dude

What Juvie did was put himself, in your Grandma or Grandpa lane.......

U have to understand New Orleans slang to really get it............ this is old slang that older people used, and this is how old people talk....... using "Ha".... to reaffirmed what they thought in the first place........

Juvie dropped heavy bars on this joint.........

But BG on that remix was bananas.....

"U know if u **** wit me u dead ha"/ "Dont lie, i fukked ya baby mama and u feel played ha"
Didn't know this.

Thats a big thing missing in hip hop now. Rappers that come out with their local slang/style and take it nationwide. Nowadays rappers just sound like rappers :thumbsdown:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to hate this song when the song came out and my cousins used to play the f*ck of out this song and I was like :what: This is a retard song just like Master P's Bout it Bout it. He really loves southern hip-hop, he always buy a bunch of NL CD and CM CD. the only part I like about song is the hook cause it's catchy...then later on...it grew on me. I remember everybody has 400 Degreez...I mean everybody (any race)...it likes you must have that album in your CD collection. I borrow it from my cousin and I liked it so I copped 400 Degreez

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't know this.

Thats a big thing missing in hip hop now. Rappers that come out with their local slang/style and take it nationwide. Nowadays rappers just sound like rappers :thumbsdown:

Exactly. Everybody has their own sounds, own styles, etc. Now, you have everybody sounds like everbody, no idea's original!

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I asked my big homie about this back in the day he said that when your paper is up you can turn major fonk and major charges into small things. Making nothing outta something

fukk the triple! Save that shyt for the doctors office :damn: Too much work.. Grab yourself one of those digital Office Depot 'postal' scales for 40 dollars :shaq:
i thought of that too but i've seen videos of Juvy, Baby & others talk about Ha & the chorus & they say "somethin outta nothin" when they're saying it slowly to the interviewer so i think they just fukked up on the chorus and didn't realise or thought it sounded dope anyway

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Dapped eurrybody in this thread damn near.

juvies one of my favorite artists ever.

its funny how damn near every single hip hop fan had the same reaction. Just being bewildered and confused and hating this song the first time. Then growing to love it. This style had just never been heard before in the mainstream

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Dapped eurrybody in this thread damn near.

juvies one of my favorite artists ever.

its funny how damn near every single hip hop fan had the same reaction. Just being bewildered and confused and hating this song the first time. Then growing to love it. This style had just never been heard before in the mainstream
Its :mindblown: how such a musical city was so underrepresented in hip hop

But CMR's run made up for like 15 years of absence.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk if anyone posted this yet but the way 50 flipped this was :wow:

btw i guess u gotta be from the south to feel those rhymes cause that shyt sounds like hot garbage :pachaha:. its a cool song but damn :scusthov: that beat is trash

Last edited by a moderator:

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Didn't know this.

IMO thats the main reason why GBE & Chief Keef blew up the way they did. When he dropped he had all these ppl like, "So thats how life is in Chicago:leon:"

nikkas was on here in the booth tryna learn about Chicago gangs faster than a rookie CPD officer if you check the threads

I think social media fukked up the unique style and slang everybody used to have. Its hard to even tell what region slang be coming from now cause once it hit twitter EVERYBODY be on it overnight

That "You aint bout that life" shyt from awhile back came from florida (I think) but hardly anybody knows cause the whole nation dikkrode the saying on social media as soon as it hit

L33te

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ufdup: that's you with that shot calling shyt, ha?

yeah that remix with Jay was hella :what: