Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
No love for the hook though?

Yes sir...the best part about the hook to me is the marketing.
Cash Money knew what they were doing having "Ha" be the breakthrough single.

I remember a li'l bit after it dropped and the Hot Boyz was about to drop.
Somebody was doing an interview with Wayne, and they asked him "what is a 'Hot Boy'?"

And he responded:

"A Hot Boy is a paper chaser who got his block on fire,
remaining a G until the moment he expire.
He know what it is to make nothing out of something.
He handle his biz, and don't be crying when he suffering."

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
running through the thread...i got the exact same story..Hated the fukk outta this song and anything Cash Money cause I was a nolimit head and one of my homies was up on Cash Money before they blew, so we would get into over who better...I went to a record store to buy Mystikal, Ghetto Fabulous and Mac shell shocked..my lil bro begged me to get him 400 Degreez... and now its my avy

ha is genius

and i guess im the only nikka in the world that loved Jay verse on the remix
Ha was the song that made me switch sides in the No Limit/Cash Money stan wars. Every day we'd be at school at recess and lunch arguing that shyt. I had a homie that was all about BG and Juvenile while I was out there quoting Master P, Mystikal, and Silkk bars like they were hot shyt:mjlol:

I even remember when Snoop came to No Limit and I was like it's over we won:umad:

But then that motherfukking Ha started getting play on the radio and my friend was like we byke:wow:

At first I was like this is trash, he ain't even on beat:hhh:

He was like Silkk:ufdup:

But the more I kept hearing it the more I was:whew: and everyone at school was quoting lines from it and turning that ha shyt into a meme before we knew what memes were. And the last minute or so when the beat is just playing along with the "run for it" part was just too banging:ohlawd:
I literally left school one day as a No Limit Solider and came back the next day as a Hot Boy :mjgrin:

Sk95oO4.jpg

Last edited:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
This was my choice as well. Even funnier watching the video and Mannie Fresh noddin', looking like:mjgrin:

Shyt was funny for their reactions and sad at the same time that the occurrence was so commonplace in the hood that they referenced it. the social commentary interwoven throughout HA is so poignant.

I'll say it again, song is a literary masterpiece. :wow:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
It's Funny Reading Peoples Reactions To Their First Time Hearing This lol I Had The Same Thoughts, What The fukk Is This lol

Looking Back The Director Of The Video Did A Hell Of A Job

Word. I think I retrospect, that's when you know either something will end up being incredibly good and timeless OR ALL time horrible.

Now that I think about it, I haven't heard anything in a looooooooooooooooong time that's made me go :what::huhldup::mindblown: ... :patrice::ehh::obama::whoo::krs:

hardly none of these artists are taking any risks anymore. :smh:

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Ha was the song that made me switch sides in the No Limit/Cash Money stan wars. Every day we'd be at school at recess and lunch arguing that shyt. I had a homie that was all about BG and Juvenile while I was out there quoting Master P, Mystikal, and Silkk bars like they were hot shyt:mjlol:

I even remember when Snoop came to No Limit and I was like it's over we won:umad:

But then that motherfukking Ha started getting play on the radio and my friend was like we byke:wow:

At first I was like this is trash, he ain't even on beat:hhh:

He was like Silkk:ufdup:

But the more I kept hearing it the more I was:whew: and everyone at school was quoting lines from it and turning that ha shyt into a meme before we knew what memes were. And the last minute or so when the beat is just playing along with the "run for it" part was just too banging:ohlawd:
I literally left school one day as a No Limit Solider and came back the next day as a Hot Boy :mjgrin:

Sk95oO4.jpg

:dead:

My man came out the phone booth without his glasses, rocking a dollar sign pendant

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Shyt was funny for their reactions and sad at the same time that the occurrence was so commonplace in the hood that they referenced it. the social commentary interwoven throughout HA is so poignant.

I'll say it again, song is a literary masterpiece. :wow:
Truth:wow:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It's Funny Reading Peoples Reactions To Their First Time Hearing This lol I Had The Same Thoughts, What The fukk Is This lol

Looking Back The Director Of The Video Did A Hell Of A Job
Video is clean as hell, video really didnt have a narrative but he put it together so nice you dont even notice it

Compare it to vids now with these try hard pseudo-short films :hhh: