The Best nikka At Every YMCA across the country could average 20 in the 50s and 60s NBA

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I agree. So why do people legitimately have Oscar Robertson/Jerry West etc in their top 10s and 20s if they clearly weren't as skilled as the players today?
Because for their era, they were elite. No SG outside of Jordan and Kobe piled up as many accomplishments as West. He was the top 2 guard for over 10 years. Wade would definitely win H2H but that's not what all-time rankings are about.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If Kevin Durant grew up in the 50's he woulda been doing finger rolls and bounce passes too. Ya'll act like nikkas would still be doing euro steps despite Manu Ginobli not yet being born yet to invent it. Its a completely biased argument.
Exactly.

They couldn't make these big budget blockbuster movies back then in the 50's cause the tools didn't exist yet. It's the same principle.

The player that INVENTED the crossover dribble is still a greater a player than the player that evolved it is he not?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I agree. So why do people legitimately have Oscar Robertson/Jerry West etc in their top 10s and 20s if they clearly weren't as skilled as the players today?
because compared to their contemporaries they were far more dominant.
they have the same advantages and disadvantages as everybody else at the time.
Lebron isnt suddenly gonna be overrated and garbage because in 2035 eveybody is built like Lebron in NBA.
Its like saying Iraq war vets are better soldiers than civil war vets. clearly the technology and the years of knowledge is the main benefit not the people. Take a civil war vet give him modern weapons and training and he'd be just as good as an Iraq vet.

Last edited:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Exactly.

They couldn't make these big budget blockbuster movies back then in the 50's cause the tools didn't exist yet. It's the same principle.

The player that INVENTED the crossover dribble is still a greater a player than the player that evolved it is he not?
No. He's not. He's a greater innovator. He's not a greater player .

No one would take the first Iron Man Suit from the first Iron Man Movie when Tony was stuck in the cave, over the bossed out fly one that came later :wow:

Tell em @Ironman

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
30 years from people will be saying the same thing about Kobe,

:mjpls:Talking bout "this nikka can't hit a half court three? I bet I could beat him in one on one easy. They can't even dunk from three point line :bryan: