The Best Man: The Final Chapters, 10 Episode Series Ordered by NBCUniversal's Peacock

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Watching the series now and it literally feels like 2 sequels mashed into one.

Like the show could have been wrapped up after the first 2 or 3 episodes. Maybe even 4 and make them 1 hour each.

But man…after episode 5 the show starts going ALLL over the place. So many damn sub plots :pachaha: This really could have been a 2 hour movie at best.

Even though it’s all over the place it’s still entertaining enough for me cause all the characters are likeable and I’m just curious enough to see where the story goes.

But then it gets to the point where I’m feeling like I’m prying into their personal business and I just want to leave them alone :mjlol:

I guess you can say it’s fitting end for the saga that nobody asked for :russ:

Last edited:
Daps
Only watched the first episode. Off to a good start. :ehh:

They should’ve casted a young thot for Terrance Howard to wife. Nicole Ari Parker looks out of place to me. A young chick would’ve fit and if they picked someone with a following could’ve brought in another audience :ld:

Peachstate

Lady
Daps
Reppin
The four-hundred thousand
Okay. So.

Started out great. Loved everything up until Q and Shelby got married.

Felt like it declined after that. Still good, but not great. And Lance's non-binary son was completely unnecessary. They could have left it at him secretly hating football if they needed conflict, or LJ secretly falling in love with Jordan (which is where I thought it was going).

Although it did give us this, which made me cackle:

Ring! Hello?
Q: yeah, what the fukk is non-bindering?
😂

I was PISSED that so many people were on Robyn's side. How tf do you take a man's child to another continent and not expect pushback? Selfish AF. At the same time, that argument was raw and real. Great writing and acting.

Also thought the comedy was on point, and everybody still looks pretty good.

Overall, I'd give it a 7.5/10.

Daps
Only watched the first episode. Off to a good start. :ehh:

They should’ve casted a young thot for Terrance Howard to wife. Nicole Ari Parker looks out of place to me. A young chick would’ve fit and if they picked someone with a following could’ve brought in another audience :ld:

Ok, finished episode 4 and I got this all wrong…Nicole Ari Parker is cool, but this show is not very good at all. :mjlol:

Writing oscillates between OK to downright trash with a soap opera hue. For some reason it’s filmed like a low budget black movie. I’ll continue watching for the nostalgia and the public display of Blackness, but this is some mid frfr.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The first two episodes could have been there own movie, a true final installment to this world. I can't say how much it would have made at the box office nor whether universal would have paid for it. Look like the only way any of this was being made was on streaming.

Sounds like the writing goes off a cliff after episode 2

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On the 3rd episode. I guess I get it, the writing they’re modernize it to connect with a younger/todays audience but they’re struggling to balance the writing in a way that would connect with the audience thats been here from the jump.