Murim
you ain't my daddy :ufdup:
I found one, the other is lost in the ether :manny:
Also Yoji Shinkawa :krs:
262e828f3d687be79fee2bd797d71162.jpg
MGS3_The_Sorrow_Artwork.jpg
VsYcr.jpg
17ve7df5mh95mjpg.jpg

Heres some more I couldnt link or save :upsetfavre: - http://en.calameo.com/read/000607478ec78db1e4082

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A good mix of medium/old and new:
Digital/Concept artist Craig Mullens:
CraigMullins-000.jpg

Screen+shot+2012-05-02+at+6.11.09+PM.png

one of the few digital artists I know of that can make digital work truly feel like it was done on canvas

Jean-Leon Gerome
Jean-Leon_Gerome_-_Arabs_Crossing_the_Desert.jpg
jean-l-on-g-r-me-bashi-bazouk-1868-69.thumbnail.jpg

Caravaggio
800px-Caravaggio_Judith_Beheading_Holofernes.jpg

Sacrifice_of_Isaac-Caravaggio_(Uffizi).jpg

something about old classical/religious art creeps me out, but his style does so especially. I think his use of heavy and really dark shadows have an effect on me, I dunno

Plus a couple artist I follow on instagram that popped up on my feed
https://instagram.com/funkymonkey1945/

https://instagram.com/blakeinobi/

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Messed up on the nose :sadbron:

I like what you're doing so far, mind if I give you a couple critiques :lupe:
1010's murals!! :damn:

17488195811_b2ea8e623c_b.jpg

16865920204_3f670b04af_b.jpg

17462453286_9794cdae27_b.jpg

shyt like this is so cool, it really feels like you can go through the walls on some Wile E. Coyote shyt :heh:
In a way though, a lot of portrait/concept art is kind of an optical illusion too, though on a lesser scale than in these pics.In most art that attempts to imitate life in any sort of meaningful way, you're trying to simulate depth that isn't really there through use of value, color, and contrast, to build something sort of believable.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots

shyt like this is so cool, it really feels like you can go through the walls on some Wile E. Coyote shyt :heh:
In a way though, a lot of portrait/concept art is kind of an optical illusion too, though on a lesser scale than in these pics.In most art that attempts to imitate life in any sort of meaningful way, you're trying to simulate depth that isn't really there through use of value, color, and contrast, to build something sort of believable.
dap+rep :wow:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go

I would love some critiques

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would love some critiques
Well, I see you're using the Andrew Loomis method of measuring the body, which you should do, but it's usually 8 head lengths down to the bottom of the foot, you stopped at the ankle so the limbs are a little long; not to the point were it looks unnatural, but I wasn't sure if this was intentional so I thought I should point it out. There are a few anatomy issues with the hands,ankles,feet ( they can be tough to draw, I know:sadbron:) that make them look off, and the pose is a little stiff; Look into gesture drawing to help make your pictures a little looser and more natural.It can really help:

(The BEST guy to get advice from on youtube, if your into sketching/drawing from life.)

Also, I use this site to use references from for gesture drawing, since it's easier than finding a bunch in real life:
http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/

And when you're laying down colors, you should lay down flat colors at full opacity (I assume you're doing this in photoshop ), then you can lower the opacity some to shade and blend. Although,working with a low opacity can produce some interesting,water color type results imo, it can create some issues if you want to push the image further.