The Art of Animation (Japanese, American, European...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
You ever saw the Summer Wars anime ? I think you may like the refined drawing style though the animation is mixed changing from 3D to drawing depending on the universe.
yea i saw that movie, reminded me of the First Digimon Movie

By the way, what do you think of Legend of Korra, animation wise ? I'm really surprised at how well animated fights are : dynamic, fluid and punchy. The fights in season 4 sometimes blow my mind lol. Is this all USA in your opinion ?

idk breh :patrice: i remember they took a drop in quality after the first season of Korra (i stopped watching during that season because of it, along with it being a stupid story arc)

But i remember an interview where they said at the beginning(the Last Airbender) they forced the entire staff to buy and watch FLCL multiple times, to bring that style to the show, so you can say it's basically a bite from japan and Nickelodeon just has a shyt ton of money to pull it off

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
By the way, what do you think of Legend of Korra, animation wise ? I'm really surprised at how well animated fights are : dynamic, fluid and punchy. The fights in season 4 sometimes blow my mind lol. Is this all USA in your opinion ?
korra isnt animated in the us, its animated in korea. the majority of the layout is done here. thats why the actual animation is fluid.
half the people that work on korra in the us are also fukkin asians :russ:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to go see Big Hero 6 with my son on opening weekend. It was a really good movie. But what I really liked about it was the concept of Tokyo and San Francisco merged into one city with details from both city seamlessly integrated. The design was :ohlawd:.

The technology concept of the bad guy, and how he was animated using the technology was also :ohlawd:

I stuck around to look at the after credits and the amount of animators working on the film was :mindblown:

And the amount of Asians working on it:banderas:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I went to go see Big Hero 6 with my son on opening weekend. It was a really good movie. But what I really liked about it was the concept of Tokyo and San Francisco merged into one city with details from both city seamlessly integrated. The design was :ohlawd:.

The technology concept of the bad guy, and how he was animated using the technology was also :ohlawd:

I stuck around to look at the after credits and the amount of animators working on the film was :mindblown:

And the amount of Asians working on it:banderas:
before i worked in animation, i knew production was crazy.. but not as crazy as it actually is. its A LOT of people wotking on one production. aniamted films take like 3 years to do. and aniamted tv show can take a few months for an epissode. there are mad people in the pipeline. same goes for games. mufukkas dont realize how much time and effort goes into shyt. and how many wack mufukkas got jobs which helps slow up the process.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
before i worked in animation, i knew production was crazy.. but not as crazy as it actually is. its A LOT of people wotking on one production. aniamted films take like 3 years to do. and aniamted tv show can take a few months for an epissode. there are mad people in the pipeline. same goes for games. mufukkas dont realize how much time and effort goes into shyt. and how many wack mufukkas got jobs which helps slow up the process.

What software do you use?

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
What software do you use?
well first off, i'm not an animator, i've designed for animation. so i've made characters, backgrounds, and props. programs for that are photoshop, sketchbook pro, manga studio. in murica, everybody uses flash or toonboom to animate the stuff on tv. movies, are a whole other production pipeline

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What happened to American animation? It used to be the best (Disney, Warners, and Fleischers stuff still holds up)and now it's either copying east Asia or just meh.
What's funny is that the Japanese got their style from trying to emulate the American studios.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
What happened to American animation? It used to be the best (Disney, Warners, and Fleischers stuff still holds up)and now it's either copying east Asia or just meh.
What's funny is that the Japanese got their style from trying to emulate the American studios.
Post modernism. Americans are a lazy lot. People stopped focusing on draftsmanship and technical skills associated with animating, and they focus on gags and certain kinds of storytelling instead.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Post modernism. Americans are a lazy lot. People stopped focusing on draftsmanship and technical skills associated with animating, and they focus on gags and certain kinds of storytelling instead.
yep, in america they want that microwave style like you see with Adventure Time and Regular show, they can put out seasons fast as hell because of it