The American Society of Magical Negroes- Coming soon to a theater near you

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I liked it, but I know most won't. It was satirical, so a lot won't even understand the way it attacked the subject. They played the entire thing straight, honored those that were the trailblazers that had to be to get through the door, mocked the complainers and modern Hollywood, and emphasized the ridiculous of it now. They could've axed the monologue at the end though.

I don't think it will find an audience for another 5 years or so...but it will definitely be revisited.
I just found out about this movie on Saturday. I'm going to try to watch it (if its still available).
Interested in seeing it in full rather than just judging from some parts of the trailer I didn't like.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I liked it, but I know most won't. It was satirical, so a lot won't even understand the way it attacked the subject. They played the entire thing straight, honored those that were the trailblazers that had to be to get through the door, mocked the complainers and modern Hollywood, and emphasized the ridiculous of it now. They could've axed the monologue at the end though.

I don't think it will find an audience for another 5 years or so...but it will definitely be revisited.
Was the love story aspect of it good?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The irony, as with all satire, is that any of the perceived complaints are all addressed in the movie...and somewhat discussed from all both sides of the argument. However, you can argue that the movie should argued heavier on one side, instead of keeping it balanced.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The irony, as with all satire, is that any of the perceived complaints are all addressed in the movie...and somewhat discussed from all both sides of the argument. However, you can argue that the movie should argued heavier on one side, instead of keeping it balanced.
I learned my lesson with that bullshyt dear white people flick no fukking thanks

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GKhacUzacAAQUt1