The American Psycho Appreciation Thread

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
:skip: Man you been readin the same websites as me. Stop it. :heh:

:laugh:I mean these theories are pretty widely held about the movie so I wouldn't be surprised if you read it somewhere online... I use to browse IMDb forums a lot, which is where I first discovered them..

I've read the book a couple times as well and they make it a little more obvious that he wasn't imagining everything...

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Yeah the book much like most of Bret Easton Ellis' works, far exceed its movie version... I swear, outside of "American Psycho" and "Rules of Attraction", all of the other movie translations of his writing are pretty second rate...

Which is crazy because the guy gives the directors/screenwriters a lot to work with...

You didn't like Less than Zero?

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
You didn't like Less than Zero?

Ya know, because I liked the book so much, I can definitely enjoy the film for what it is. Downey Jr. was really good. They fukked it up for me by leaving out the 3 most memorable scenes in the book:

The teen snuff/murder film, the 11 year old girl on heroin being tied to the bed and used as a sex slave, and the dead teen that they discovered in the alley way
as well as making the main character anti drug, when in the book he was a coke fiend...

It was like they made it into typical brat pack film and didn't make it as gritty as it should have been...

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Ya know, because I liked the book so much, I can definitely enjoy the film for what it is. Downey Jr. was really good. They fukked it up for me by leaving out the 3 most memorable scenes in the book:

The teen snuff/murder film, the 11 year old girl on heroin being tied to the bed and used as a sex slave, and the dead teen that they discovered in the alley way
as well as making the main character anti drug, when in the book he was a coke fiend...

It was like they made it into typical brat pack film and didn't make it as gritty as it should have been...

True, true. They cleaned up American Psycho a hell of a lot more than that though.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
True, true. They cleaned up American Psycho a hell of a lot more than that though.

Yeah you're right... I guess Bale's performance and the dialogue was so on point it made up for it. I don't hate on less Than Zero that much though. I just wonder what could have been. I guess you can do that with America Psycho as well though.