The American Psycho Appreciation Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
c/s this. the book was fukkin crazy!! my dude let me borrow it and was literally gave me a warning like yo this shyt is disturbing but i wasnt prepared....

the sex scenes in this book...:scusthov:

but as far as the ending I think he actually committed very little, if any of the violent acts he thought about. Maybe some of the weird convos, sexual encounters, etc. but not the murders. I think they were just trying to point out that sick b*stards like this walk among us as normal people & we don't even realize it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
On a side note the book is usually sold in shrink wrap because of an R18 rating so people can't just open it up & read it in bookstores. Its actually mandatory in a lot of countries.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Finally seen this movie a couple of months ago. It was very good but got kinda corny in the end to me. It was still decent because of Bale's performance though.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
He imagined everything. He was a bytch ass nikka who was a boss in his mind.

If he imagined everything... How do you explain the scene where he goes back to Paul Allen's apartment and has the creepy awkward discourse with the Building manager/real estate lady?:leon:

The book leaned to a more open ended interpretation... Some were real and some were imagined... I feel like the movie was the same way even though the director kind of leaned toward highlighting the imagined murders(Police cars blowing up, feed me a stray cat, etc)

When he is on the phone with his lawyer and begins listing even more murders he committed that were detailed in the book then thats how I know for sure some of it was real and some of it was imagined...

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Reading the book now, though I just started...it's already surpassing the movie though...and I like the movie a lot.
the book is dope and rules of attraction is another dope read. Both films were enjoyable.

Yeah the book much like most of Bret Easton Ellis' works, far exceed its movie version... I swear, outside of "American Psycho" and "Rules of Attraction", all of the other movie translations of his writing are pretty second rate...

Which is crazy because the guy gives the directors/screenwriters a lot to work with...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If he imagined everything... How do you explain the scene where he goes back to Paul Allen's apartment and has the creepy awkward discourse with the Building manager/real estate lady?:leon:

It doesnt matter becaus Paul Allen never died.

Edit. But i guess according to the director of the film he actually killed all those people so :yeshrug: all my posts in this thread are meaningless.

I still think he was a bytch who didnt catch 1 body.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
It doesnt matter becaus Paul Allen never died.

Edit. But i guess according to the director of the film he actually killed all those people so :yeshrug: all my posts in this thread are meaningless.

I still think he was a bytch who didnt catch 1 body.
How do we know Paul never died though? Throughout the movie all of the characters were so vain that they misidentified people that they saw on a daily basis. The person who saw him in London could have mistaken someone else for Paul. I think the Real Estate lady was covering up the murder so the property value of the apartment didn't go down. :dwillhuh:

Bateman was definitely a p*ssy though seeing as though most of his attacks were on weaker individuals...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How do we know Paul never died though? Throughout the movie all of the characters were so vain that they misidentified people that they saw on a daily basis. The person who saw him in London could have mistaken someone else for Paul. I think the Real Estate lady was covering up the murder so the property value of the apartment didn't go down. :dwillhuh:

Bateman was definitely a p*ssy though seeing as though most of his attacks were on weaker individuals...

:skip: Man you been readin the same websites as me. Stop it. :heh: