The American Psycho Appreciation Thread

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I felt like watching a movie on this wet fall day so i put this on.

Great fukking movie. i get my share of :jawalrus: and :merchant: and :russ:

then at the end im still like :dwillhuh:

speaking of which how do you guys interpret the end or the whole movie?

i guess put things in spoilers ... i guess :yeshrug:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
am i the only one who is still not sure by the end or is it the same for you breh?
The options are it never happened or he's got someone cleaning up after him right?

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The options are it never happened or he's got someone cleaning up after him right?

well i think the options are it never happened or he did it. Im not completely sure about the cleaning up after him. i think that old broad at the end did clean up after him though and she didnt want to lose value of the apartment or building. just the way she follows him out. kind of makes me feel that way.

now the whole scene with the cops and trying to feed the ATM the cat i think never happened. shyt had me cracking up though. but when he shot at the cops and the car exploded and all that it seemed like he realized something was wrong like it wasnt real.

i love movies that leave it open kind of to your interpretation. but i wonder what the authors was? i know the directors said she said all the murders were real.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He imagined everything. He was a bytch ass nikka who was a boss in his mind.

i thought about that as well. while trying to make my mind up especially when they were watching reagan on tv. i started to think how much of this is in his imagination. then they started looking at his friends. and i was like wait. is he all of these guys? are all of these guys the identities and personalities he has assumed?!?!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
i thought about that as well. while trying to make my mind up especially when they were watching reagan on tv. i started to think how much of this is in his imagination. then they started looking at his friends. and i was like wait. is he all of these guys? are all of these guys the identities and personalities he has assumed?!?!

You're thinking too deep about it. It was just him, losing his mind because of his desire to kill but not having the balls to do shyt. He was a bytch.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I take it that it was all his imagination too.

that scene where he running naked with the chainsaw and some sneakers :dead:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I take it that it was all his imagination too.

that scene where he running naked with the chainsaw and some sneakers :dead:

The atm says feed me the cat. He shoots a police car that bursts into flames. Him thinking he killed paul allen who was ultimately in another country with his lawyer. Come on. Dude was just fantasizing about all that trash that was in his stupid little fukk boy drawings.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Great flick and awesome performance by Bale but the ending was weak. I haven't read the book but I heard it does a better job at conveying the idea of did he or didn't he. Personally I don't think he killed any of those people but the times he came close like the scene in the bathroom and the secretary at his house were real. Basically the close call scene were scenes where he was too afraid to pull the trigger and live out his fantasy.