The Amazon That Customers Don’t See

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one is making more money per a minute than Bezos. If he can fix the HR nightmare and the work environment complaints he will be unstoppable. :wow:

I thought this was going to be about the other article making rounds today about how the company is worried that the turnover is so high they may run out of workers to hire.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
200.gif

I love these kind of threads just copy/paste a news article for a 5+ post. No cliff notes, no summary.

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
This was a cold blooded article by the Times. That T.O.T system is the most gruesome thing I have ever heard of in a workplace. Amazon trifling as hell.
Amazon is the worst job I ever had. I didn’t read the post, but time off task is ridiculous. God forbid you go to the damn bathroom for 5 mins. They want you working like a slave nonstop for a whole shift, and going to the break room is like a 5-10 min walk. Another 5-10 mins to warm up your food, then eat AND make it back on time to your station. Yeah it pays good, but realistically you could only work there seasonal.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
It's as if people didn't learn from Walmart and what it takes to be at this level. Talk with your dollars.

Not every company is a Costco.

Warehouse work is some of the worst soul draining work there is. My condolences to those in it. Especially if you can't listen to music.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
The stories I heard from employees getting written up for taken 33 minutes lunches and not 30 , to Amazon getting rid of you after 4 days of u being off from having a flu

but u never hear CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC talk about that, but they damn sure talk about a nikka flying outta space

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It’s inevitable that a place like Amazon would be nasty to its workers. The hook is that you pay to have your stuff shipped in a day. Hard work and craziness has to be involved to make them deadlines happen. Not surprised at all