The Amazon That Customers Don’t See

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
all customers care about is saving a buck...

they don't understand what they are doing has dire consequences...

Then get the Scooby Doo sound when automation is the main focus in retail. They want jobs for Amerikkka, but will turn the blind eye when a worker is damn near dying for a fukking package full of bras.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
'BILLIONS!'

LLKS.jpg

I swear despite the shyt that ole boy did, Kevin Spacey should play Jeff Bezos before he bows out of the game.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
This shyt is literally slavery but they decided to off-load the responsibility of food and shelter onto the slaves themselves. So you get your food and housing stipend 2 - 3 times a month and think you're free but they really just give you enough to afford the food and shelter and to make it back to the plantation. Obviously you don't get beat and shyt but if you don't comply you get fired and now you have no stipend for food and shelter and no healthcare.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
If you can't be a executive at Amazon, it seems like a bad deal all around.
I know a dude that quit a 90k a year job working there due to what it was doing to his mental health and the effect that was having on his family

They’ve got terrible people in key positions in these hubs. It’s a first come first serve type of hiring process so you might be far more qualified than the HR person you’re talking to but they got in at ground level and are severely under qualified to do the job. It’s impossible to fill the number of spots they’ve created with quality people. The entire approach is flawed, they can’t fix it.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
This was a cold blooded article by the Times. That T.O.T system is the most gruesome thing I have ever heard of in a workplace. Amazon trifling as hell.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This was a cold blooded article by the Times. That T.O.T system is the most gruesome thing I have ever heard of in a workplace. Amazon trifling as hell.

I agree.

But I think the software needs regulation, rather than Amazon. As odd as it sounds I think this tech needs to be regulated like biological sciences are. I know it sounds weird at first but, Lemme explain.:whoa:

Generally speaking, Improvements in medicine, medtech/software, med devices, pharma , and other biosciences are incredibly incredibly incredibly (x3) slow. Like really really slow, because everything must be tested for adverse affects to people. And it’s understandable because people might literally die if their C++ code on their MRI has a glitch or if a chemist didn’t balance his potassiumNitrate equations well. This is the reason you don’t see unicorn medical companies or 20something medTech billionaires. We slow it down on purpose for safety.

Now compare that to Silicon Valley, where tech code can be developed in a month and instituted just a month after that, only to be sold to the consumer in less than a year. They can do this because the code on Twitter or on a GoPro is not going to harm a human being. And this speed can turn into instant profits, as bugs can be fixed later.
But how does any of this relate to Amazon?:jbhmm:

I don’t think Bezos did anything wrong by running algorithms, creating software, and mechanizing his workplaces. I think his error was that he treated these efficiency innovations like those Silicon Valley developments I mentioned earlier. Big mistake. The minute your software, hardware, and systems affect human beings THIS MUCH, I think your operation moves into the biological sciences rather than traditional tech. Remember the MRI example I gave earlier? Think about the python running the HR system. That wife needed a check to pay for her dying employee husband, but it seems like a simple run-time error in Python erased her request. A person could die from that:merchant:.

‘The same thing could be said for the mechanization of human labor. Did Amazon run a biomechanics study for how quickly they run their people? What about a psyche evaluation of long term side effects of employee T.O.T and similar timing schemes? No. These are things that could/will save bodies and lives. These are also things that could be regulated if these algorithms, software, and mechanizations were treated like biological sciences(which they now are).:hubie:

I’m picturing a solution to be something like the phase1, phase2, phase3, phase4, phase 5 testing that medical devices, medical software, pharma, biological techniques must do with the FDA. This should slow down the process enough to ensure human workers are not adversely affected by workplace tech development.

Any thoughts on this @SJUGRAD13 ? :lupe:

I’m sorry if I went a little long on this post. Hope it adds value to the thread.:mjcry:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
The truth is nobody cares. They'll keep ordering from Amazon.

Breh wanted to move up in the company, despite having exceptional picking numbers, was never getting a promotion.

Old boy suffering from Covid, they just wanted him back. Hurry up and recover.

Workers never were gonna get bonuses despite fulfilling more orders than ever before.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
I can kind of understand why people in bumfukk Alabama work for them, but you live in New York City??? Why???