The African-Non Slave descendant American dilemma

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I think using Descendant of Slaves instead of African American /black American is pretty disrespectful
It's not, it's actually clear cut and defined. Black Americans is all Blacks.

Charlize Theron is technically AA.

Negro is offensive

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

Negro is offensive
If you based your identity off of being the descendant of slaves cool I guess

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If you based your identity off of being the descendant of slaves cool I guess
What other label can a collective of people without a tribe call themselves? Even cacs got a tribe they can say they are and America isn't one of them.

Every label will be offensive to you.

I seen a HS friend wearing a made in Georgia "football G" on his shirt and hers said made in Italy. Her family hasn't been to Italy in 100 years but she still claims her tribe. What about his tho? He claims a college football team that he never played for. This is a problem.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
What other label can a collective of people without a tribe call themselves? Even cacs got a tribe they can say they are and America isn't one of them.

Every label will be offensive to you.

I seen a HS friend wearing a made in Georgia "football G" on his shirt and hers said made in Italy. Her family hasn't been to Italy in 100 years but she still claims her tribe. What about his tho? He claims a college football team that he never played for. This is a problem.
Why don't use ask AAs what they would like to be called? Instead of labeling them slaves

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Negro is offensive

ain't no white and damn sure not a boer ever gonna be African anything :camby:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I would prefer the term "descendants of Africans enslaved in the United States" (DAEUS) over "descendants of slaves," one because our ancestors were not "slaves" but people forced into a condition of servitude, and two because the term DAEUS has a specific meaning and history of being used already in international activism. See http://racism.org/index.php?option=...es&catid=205&Itemid=254&showall=&limitstart=5.