Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Perhaps AGI was acheived internally. Or they're pretty damn close.

This is major news if true

Thanks I hate it.

That letter was enough to have the board shook enough to fire the dude pushing for it. Even if they didn't even begin to have a good cause.

Talentless nerds will be the death of us.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks I hate it.

That letter was enough to have the board shook enough to fire the dude pushing for it. Even if they didn't even begin to have a good cause.

Talentless nerds will be the death of us.
I'm an optimist. I think AGI will extraordinarily beneficial for humanity. It could solve some of the major issues we face as a species. But you are correct. This can potentially go sideways in a monstrous way.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I'm an optimist. I think AGI will extraordinarily beneficial for humanity. It could solve some of the major issues we face as a species. But you are correct. This can potentially go sideways in a monstrous way.

I refuse to believe that men who desire fame, money and power above all will all of a sudden turn benevolent in the face of existential threat.

You saw what just happened. They dismissed the CEO that's been pushing for AGI super hard and had to walk it all back because of tanking stock. No public backlash, not actual imminent threat...shareholders.If the non-profit wing of OpenAI was truly in charge that wouldn't be an issue. But they aren't. There's no contingency thoughts here. There's no "prime directives" legislated for AI globally. There's no "Geneva Convention" for AI, no "Paris Accords", no nothing.

The USA using the Atom bomb didn't make everyone abandon their nuclear strategy. It just made everyone sprint to making enough nukes to ensure we'd all die if they were used again. AI will have no such restrictions and will not fear mutually assured destruction. And that's just the doomsday scenario, that's not even talking about the massive economic impacts.

If AI cures cancer and heart disease, but no one can find jobs...who's going to house all these healthy older citizens? What occupations and skills will we train children for? Why even have children if the AI can just fill all those needs?

I'm sorry, breh. This ain't a room of humanists and transcendentalists creating AI. It's CAPITALISTS and if they can slice me, you and 90% of humanity out of the pie THEY fukkING WILL.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This additionally was wild news.

Basically rich got richer. If they got super AI's to do stocks now, then some people are going to be straight up suckers going up against it.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No one sees the issue with this?

shyt is basically all a sham anyways:
"Most of the work we do is — as the late anthropologist David Graeber said — bullshyt. It doesn’t matter. Its only real purpose is to make billionaires even more money than they can ever spend. It has no deeper purpose or reason whatsoever."

Literally playing games with people's lives.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

I’m excited to introduce RAGs - create a “ChatGPT over your data” purely with natural language 💬

Setup and use a full RAG pipeline over files/web urls in three simple steps:
1️⃣ RAG Builder: Describe your RAG pipeline in natural language (data, parameters like top-k, system prompt), and let the builder agent build this for you.
2️⃣ View Config: View the generated RAG configuration and make edits to it if you want to update the agent.
3️⃣ RAG Agent: Ask the agent anything and it’ll answer the question!

Of course, this is heavily inspired by GPTs from @OpenAI. The goal here was to build a similar natural language interface but tailored around RAG - retrieval parameters, prompts, data sources, all through conversation. Have an agent help you setup QA over your data instead of you writing code.

We built the app with @llama_index + @streamlit. It currently supports the following:
- LLMs: Supports our 20+ LLMs for builder agent (uses OpenAI by default) and currently supports OpenAI for generated agent (not too hard to extend).
- Embeddings: Supports OpenAI ada embeddings and @huggingface models.

There’s so many things we want to do. In the meantime if you have feedback/suggestions let us know!

Check out the attached video, blog post, and repo.

Blog: Introducing RAGs: Your Personalized ChatGPT Experience Over Your Data

Repo: github.com/run-llama/rags

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Google’s Bard chatbot can now watch YouTube videos and provide information about them​

Google's Bard chatbot can now watch and provide information on YouTube video material

by FİKRİKADİM

November 22, 2023
2 mins read

Google's Bard chatbot can now watch YouTube videos and provide information about them

Microsoft recently retired the Bing Chat brand name for its generative AI chatbot, opting for the name Pilot. However, Google has maintained the Bard name for its competing chatbot, at least for the time being. In the past week, Google introduced several new features to Bard, including the ability to engage in discussions about specific content from YouTube videos.

This new feature is an update to Google’s Bard Extensions launched in September, enabling Bard to integrate with various Google apps and services, including YouTube, to extract information for conversations. The latest update brings additional functionalities tailored specifically to YouTube.

In the official Bard update page, It states:

We’re taking the first steps in Bard’s ability to understand YouTube videos. For example, if you’re looking for videos on how to make olive oil cake, you can now also ask how many eggs the recipe in the first video requires.

We’ve heard you want deeper engagement with YouTube videos. So we’re expanding the YouTube Extension to understand some video content so you can have a richer conversation with Bard about it.

Alongside these YouTube-related enhancements, Google added other features to Bard last week. These include incorporating new “step-by-step explanations” for solving mathematical equations. Another noteworthy addition is Bard’s capacity to generate charts, either from user-inputted data or tables created during a conversation.

Moreover, Google reduced the minimum age requirement for Bard usage to 13 years old in certain countries. Notably, the company announced its intention to take action against two cybercriminal groups exploiting the Bard name for fraudulent activities. These actions include misleading individuals into downloading Bard under the false pretense of malware distribution.

İlgili

https://www.fikrikadim.com/2023/04/...tedposts_origin=81348&relatedposts_position=0

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I refuse to believe that men who desire fame, money and power above all will all of a sudden turn benevolent in the face of existential threat.

You saw what just happened. They dismissed the CEO that's been pushing for AGI super hard and had to walk it all back because of tanking stock. No public backlash, not actual imminent threat...shareholders.If the non-profit wing of OpenAI was truly in charge that wouldn't be an issue. But they aren't. There's no contingency thoughts here. There's no "prime directives" legislated for AI globally. There's no "Geneva Convention" for AI, no "Paris Accords", no nothing.

The USA using the Atom bomb didn't make everyone abandon their nuclear strategy. It just made everyone sprint to making enough nukes to ensure we'd all die if they were used again. AI will have no such restrictions and will not fear mutually assured destruction. And that's just the doomsday scenario, that's not even talking about the massive economic impacts.

If AI cures cancer and heart disease, but no one can find jobs...who's going to house all these healthy older citizens? What occupations and skills will we train children for? Why even have children if the AI can just fill all those needs?

I'm sorry, breh. This ain't a room of humanists and transcendentalists creating AI. It's CAPITALISTS and if they can slice me, you and 90% of humanity out of the pie THEY fukkING WILL.

they were in "charge" but if 95% of employees were willing to quit en-mass and regroup and work elsewhere they lost control. the workers have taken charge of the company now. if the employees left, the non-profit would have been left in charge of a great product that would have been stagnant and likely stale in 6-12 months.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
they were in "charge" but if 95% of employees were willing to quit en-mass and regroup and work elsewhere they lost control. the workers have taken charge of the company now. if the employees left, the non-profit would have been left in charge of a great product that would have been stagnant and likely stale in 6-12 months.

Which means it was a paper tiger. No real power at all.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Which means it was a paper tiger. No real power at all.

I think they did have power right up until a chorus of the right voices largely opposed the boards choice of action. I think it took everyone by surprise and the power shifted. now that its out in the open that microsoft will create a division for that entire company if they choose to leave and even salesforce is willing to hire those employees, the boards unforced error left it in a weaker position to direct the company,