The '24 NY Mets. You're on the clock Cohen.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching the replay now. The infield defense is special, and baty is never going to see 3rd again. Can't wait till they call up Acuña

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I'm starting to honestly wonder if Mendoza's the guy for us. Another bad move pulling Scott and the floodgates open up. :smh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm starting to honestly wonder if Mendoza's the guy for us. Another bad move pulling Scott and the floodgates open up. :smh:
Can't watch the game but I saw 2 on nobody out on the app did some work and then it was 7-2. lol
We need a better bullpen.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Are we re-signing Alonso ever?

Cohen said they're not negotiating during the season.

At this point, I would say its dependent on where the team finishes in the standings if they make another legit offer or not.

Bro wants an Olsen/Freeman contract despite not being an Olsen/Freeman hitter

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

At this point, I would say its dependent on where the team finishes in the standings if they make another legit offer or not.

Dude also disappeared during this Pirates series. Should have taken it, but we tied.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Mets are going to make him a fair market offer which will be similar to what Olsen/Freeman got. After which it's up to Pete. If he takes it great. If he takes another deal that's more, less or exactly the same as the Mets deal the Mets have a way to spin it. He was more interested in making the most money rather than being a Met or he didn't want to be here if he takes the same amount or less. Cohen's money makes it so they can always win the PR battle. Plus, he is having an avg. to possibly below avg. Year that works in the Mets favor to.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Mets are going to make him a fair market offer which will be similar to what Olsen/Freeman got. After which it's up to Pete. If he takes it great. If he takes another deal that's more, less or exactly the same as the Mets deal the Mets have a way to spin it. He was more interested in making the most money rather than being a Met or he didn't want to be here if he takes the same amount or less. Cohen's money makes it so they can always win the PR battle. Plus, he is having an avg. to possibly below avg. Year that works in the Mets favor to.

A fair offer would've been the 7/158 he turned down last year. I will be slightly shocked if a team comes and offers a 30 year old 1B having a mediocre year (so far) a 200 mil contract. But weirder shyt has happened in the off-season.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
A fair offer would've been the 7/158 he turned down last year. I will be slightly shocked if a team comes and offers a 30 year old 1B having a mediocre year (so far) a 200 mil contract. But weirder shyt has happened in the off-season.
I think I said it a few days back on here. If I'm Cohen (unless his season does a complete 180) .. I'm offering 5 for 125m. Take it or leave it.

I'm gettin deGrom vibes from him. Kinda like he doesn't wanna be here. He's a Florida boy. They're a different breed down here.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I would've liked them giving Scott one more batter since he was cruising, but he was on a pitch count and there were two outs already. That move isn't why the game was lost. I feel like they are getting used to the fact that Scott is that guy, but they don't want to push him too far while pushing his innings limit for this year to closer to a full season's worth.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I feel like Pete gets signed with a 6-7 year contract. He'd be lucky if he got the 162 Nimmo got. I don't think any team in free agency will get crazy for him which makes it likelier for him to stay, but I need to see some more from him. He's playing at a level where I could see Stearns thinking past him.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I would've liked them giving Scott one more batter since he was cruising, but he was on a pitch count and there were two outs already. That move isn't why the game was lost. I feel like they are getting used to the fact that Scott is that guy, but they don't want to push him too far while pushing his innings limit for this year to closer to a full season's worth.
I honestly feel the opposite. You let him have that one last batter and add what... 6-8 more pitches on the day? Then you let the rook Orze start his own inning in the 7th. I don't know.. I wanna give Mendoza the pass.. but this is second game this series where (to me) he made a boneheaded bullpen move.