The '24 NY Mets. You're on the clock Cohen.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Mets should be selling.

The fact is this team is old and largely untalented. Alvarez, Baty and Alonso are the only regulars under Age-30, and Alonso is 29. It's unlikely Alonso is still around when this team becomes a realistic threat -- or if he is, it's unlikely he'll still be a great player.

Frankly, Baty isn't that good. But there's hope that Alvarez develops into an above-average hitting catcher.

On paper, this is maybe a wildcard team. I can understand why a rich guy like Cohen might want to keep throwing money around in the hopes of catching lightning in a bottle, but it's unlikely to happen.

This isn't what fans want to hear in April but it's obvious to any objective observer. That said, I've made other predictions about the Mets over the past few years, all of which have come true, and all of which are conveniently ignored by the Mets faithful.

See you boys in October, when I'm right again.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The fact is this team is old and largely untalented. Alvarez, Baty and Alonso are the only regulars under Age-30, and Alonso is 29. It's unlikely Alonso is still around when this team becomes a realistic threat -- or if he is, it's unlikely he'll still be a great player.

Frankly, Baty isn't that good. But there's hope that Alvarez develops into an above-average hitting catcher.

On paper, this is maybe a wildcard team. I can understand why a rich guy like Cohen might want to keep throwing money around in the hopes of catching lightning in a bottle, but it's unlikely to happen.

This isn't what fans want to hear in April but it's obvious to any objective observer. That said, I've made other predictions about the Mets over the past few years, all of which have come true, and all of which are conveniently ignored by the Mets faithful.

20 games in
Starters hurt to start the season
Took a series from the Braves
Swept the pirates
Beat the dodgers

:hhh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

You stay on some 'holier than thou baseball opinion' type attitude.
That sh*t stinks bro, leave it at the door.
No one is saying these Mets are going 115-47 and sweeping the playoffs.
But here you are having to remind us that Met fans can't enjoy anything.
Talking about "da MetS FaiThFUlLL AinIt LisTeNIngT To ME" man ain't nobody trying to take your word as gospel.
Let the season play out and let the fans enjoy taking 2/3 here, 2/3 there.
I've been on sports forums since 2000 and yankee fans stay on that "LeET mE BrInG thEm BAaCK DoWn Ta EerRff"
Go sit ya ass down in the yankee thread.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
You'll see.
9x2zvhg2mvx51.gif

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You really want a trophy for predicting the Mets miss the playoffs? :why: Are you listening to yourself? :why:
Everyone in here has said this is a sub 500/500 team.
Goofball sh*t.
I'm not predicting the Mets will maybe miss the playoffs.

I'm telling you there's almost no talent anywhere. The prospects you have are mediocre and I'm specifying them. I told you the Mets were going to collapse a season ago when they were in first place. And they did. And I told you all the Lindor contract was awful, the Marte contract was awful, the Canha contract was awful. And god knows what else.

And you're here mad that I'm taking a small victory lap as you've all ignored it?

Deal with it.
The coli has no problem highlighting and praising pedophile fukks who get 1 out of every 1200 NFL draft predictions right. It can live with me making 3 comments a year in the season Mets thread.

:unimpressed: