The 2024 Baltimore Ravens thread

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
I'm shocked we didn't trade back at any point. Can't remember the last time that's happened, if it ever did. I guess we really are all in on this season - no time to break in a lot of young guys when you're trying to win now.

Voorhees is a potential steal. Means Cleveland's officially on the clock now, too. Yeah, you can't coach size but you can definitely coach technique and discipline, neither of which he's really shown yet. Time to get it going.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm shocked we didn't trade back at any point. Can't remember the last time that's happened, if it ever did. I guess we really are all in on this season - no time to break in a lot of young guys when you're trying to win now.

Voorhees is a potential steal. Means Cleveland's officially on the clock now, too. Yeah, you can't coach size but you can definitely coach technique and discipline, neither of which he's really shown yet. Time to get it going.
Yeah, Cleveland is not athletic enough to do what the Ravens used to do under Roman. Unless he's lost 30lbs and done some major footwork/agility work, he'll struggle against speed guys.

I hope the Ravens know what they're doing not filling the Calius and Powers hole. They have very little depth at DE and OG right now.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Ro'quan will make any WILL next to him look dynamic in this system. I hope Simpson plays at an All Pro level, but because Ro'quan is who he is, they can put some talented undrafted guys next to him and they will get better in time. No need to invest draft picks into the WILL position IMO.

Daps
They irritate me with these damn reach ass picks. You got two fast long arm CBs in Cory Trice 15th ranked CB at 6'3 206 and 14th ranked Terrell Smith at 6'1 204 sitting right there and they take the 24th ranked CB Kyu Blu Kelly 6'1 191?

The fukk are they doing?! Both Trice and Smith excel in press man coverage and have better measurables. I haven't seen anything that would make Kelly the better pick here.

Couldn't get Darius Slay, let Peters walk and this is how they address the CB position :what:
They almost definitely signing a veteran CB. No rookie 5th round corner was likely to contribute year 1.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Raiders defense sucked, so I'm not sure how to feel about this one. Peters didn't have a great season, but is this guy really better than him?
I think they're looking at the risk vs reward with Rock. He's younger than Peters and has more upside because of that. Peters also had a terrible season last year coming off the ACL.

Rock's issue is he can't stay healthy, so he cant complete a season. They're gonna have to keep his snaps down to keep him around through the season and playoffs. The talent is there, but he's also playing on his 3rd team in 5 years, which is concerning. Is it a scheme fit, play style fit, injuries or something else?

I hope he plays well for the Ravens, but we shouldn't be surprised if he gets injured and can't finish the season.

And above all, Harbaugh didn't like being called out for his dumb ass decisions and Peters was holding and would've most likely got other players to hold him accountable too.

Last edited: