The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Spence

Superstar
Daps
They'll find replacements even before then. Which is why I dont see them trading away any depth pcs now (Frazier/Andujar/Heller) etc.

Cash has done a far better job of supplementing depth the past 4 seasons. Opting to take on multiple 2.0 WAR players over one 5/6 War player.
Replacements aren’t that easy to come by these days. I think NY lit their farm on fire just like we did. Talent replacement that’s ready for the show even in 3 years is a long shot.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Replacements aren’t that easy to come by these days. I think NY lit their farm on fire just like we did. Talent replacement that’s ready for the show even in 3 years is a long shot.
(Thier farm)Is heavy on the pitching side at the moment but heavy will potential on the hitting side.

:stopitslime: ASTROS still have a damn good farm who are you trying to fool? Thier biggest problem will be finding those hidden late round gems & IFA monies since they'll possibly be sacrificing draft picks & bonus money after the investigation is concluded.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont see them signing oft injured age 31 Judge in 2023.

The players they'll have trouble keeping are Sanchez & Severino.

Paxton will more than likely move on after the season ditto with Tanaka & Kahnle.

Judge is the captain of the team. People would riot if they don't resign Judge. He's not in the Didi category. They will probably let Gary Sanchez walk and not pay him though.

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
(Thier farm)Is heavy on the pitching side at the moment but heavy will potential on the hitting side.

:stopitslime: ASTROS still have a damn good farm who are you trying to fool? Thier biggest problem will be finding those hidden late round gems & IFA monies since they'll possibly be sacrificing draft picks & bonus money after the investigation is concluded.

gonna suck since we can't replenish our system. Plus we probably won't get that pick from NY for Cole.

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
Judge is the captain of the team. People would riot if they don't resign Judge. He's not in the Didi category. They will probably let Gary Sanchez walk and not pay him though.

just cross that bridge when it comes. Easily the favorites to come out the AL. Just gotta hope no regression on Cole or injuries like last season.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
just cross that bridge when it comes. Easily the favorites to come out the AL. Just gotta hope no regression on Cole or injuries like last season.
They will probably load manage him like we did this year heading into the playoffs

Spence

Superstar
Daps
They should. The goal is to win the WS not personal goals.
That’s what I was afraid of when Cole suddenly turned up the gas during the regular season then had that oblique right before playoffs. That he emptied the tank during the regular season with hopes to win the act Young and earning this contract without leaving shyt left in the tank for the playoffs.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
gonna suck since we can't replenish our system. Plus we probably won't get that pick from NY for Cole.
You guys got a competitive round B pick for Cole.

Even if there wasn't an investigation going on the Astros wouldnt have received a first round pick anyway. They did away with first round pick compensation during this current CBA

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
You guys got a competitive round B pick for Cole.

Even if there wasn't an investigation going on the Astros wouldnt have received a first round pick anyway. They did away with first round pick compensation during this current CBA

I know we get that pick. But after the investgation and strip us from picks wouldn't that be one of them?

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
That’s what I was afraid of when Cole suddenly turned up the gas during the regular season then had that oblique right before playoffs. That he emptied the tank during the regular season with hopes to win the act Young and earning this contract without leaving shyt left in the tank for the playoffs.
Brotha I'll be happy with a starter who could get us into the 6th inning of the playoffs.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sox must think Mazara has upside. He’ll be an upgrade from our platoon last year at RF and we needed a lefty at badly. I just can’t get too excited over the move yet, he would have to convert on some of his upside to be an everyday player for us. I think just switching parks will help his production. He should be a 25 HR guy at Guaranteed Rate Park.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Brotha I'll be happy with a starter who could get us into the 6th inning of the playoffs.
As long as it isn’t a team that hits the high fastball well that’s what you got. He wasn’t so lucky against the Nats but that’s because the matchups weren’t great in his first start of the last series.