The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of whispers about the White Sox making moves this week, it’s weird they aren’t more connected to Bumgarner & Ryu. I wonder if they are working out a trade for a SP. Some talk about Ozuna too. I’ve heard they are in contact with Kuechel as well.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would have given that money to Rendon over Straus. That contract just feels risky as hell for a 31 year old SP

Spence

Superstar
Daps

I’m so glad we aren’t going to be strapped with that contract :wow:

Is Castellanos really gonna command that much? Minus defenders haven't been getting the bank broken for them lately. JD the gawd only got $20 million per and Castellanos isn't as good as him.

I think JD is a bad example, he hit FA with no competition and a bunch of cheap ass owners colluded to make sure his asking price for deflated. Same happened to Keuchel

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
So far the Angels have had multiple “ownership-level” meetings with agent Scott Boras about Cole, according to a source

I don't think the dodgers will give cole a crazy contract they'll try to sign rendon to a shorter term high aav deal(like 3-5 years 35-45 aav) that aint how they operate under friedman

imo it's either angels or yankees for cole and the angels will ultimately pay the most moreno has done it before

Last edited:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
That deal is going to destroy the Nats and I can't wait for it to happen.

Wrong side of 30, extensive injury history, and last season was the 1st time in a very long time he actually made 30 starts and at least 200ip. Once this deal causes them to lose Rendon, that'll be the icing on the cake.

Stras is a good pitcher, don't get me wrong, but he is not worth record breaking money. Cole must be doing a happy dance and thanking every God he could think of for his good fortune right now.

Hell the Wilpons are probably just as happy because it makes DeGrom's contract look like a bargain

:umad: