The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That deal is going to destroy the Nats and I can't wait for it to happen.

Wrong side of 30, extensive injury history, and last season was the 1st time in a very long time he actually made 30 starts and at least 200ip. Once this deal causes them to lose Rendon, that'll be the icing on the cake.

Stras is a good pitcher, don't get me wrong, but he is not worth record breaking money. Cole must be doing a happy dance and thanking every God he could think of for his good fortune right now.

Hell the Wilpons are probably just as happy because it makes DeGrom's contract look like a bargain

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I was reading the other day the Cubs are probably gonna let Castellanos walk unless they move a bunch of salary. What's up with that? :dahell:

owner won’t let Theo spend cuz he fukked up the payroll with bad contracts(heyward,Chatwood,Morrow,Kimbrel and Darvish pending) and he wants the cubs to improve the farm.

The cubs are already pushing the cbt without arbitration , so they want to get under it and shed some salary.which is why I’m sure Bryant about to get traded he’s projected to get 18.5 and 25-27 his last 2 years , high salary but a bargain compared to what rendon and Donaldson about to get & he’s good enough to get a decent return.

If the cubs can shed payroll then Castellanos will be a possibility to return. I think Bryant and Contreras(:mjcry:) getting traded the cubs gonna retool.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
owner won’t let Theo spend cuz he fukked up the payroll with bad contracts(heyward,Chatwood,Morrow,Kimbrel and Darvish pending) and he wants the cubs to improve the farm.

The cubs are already pushing the cbt without arbitration , so they want to get under it and shed some salary.which is why I’m sure Bryant about to get traded he’s projected to get 18.5 and 25-27 his last 2 years , high salary but a bargain compared to what rendon and Donaldson about to get & he’s good enough to get a decent return.

If the cubs can shed payroll then Castellanos will be a possibility to return. I think Bryant and Contreras(:mjcry:) getting traded the cubs gonna retool.
Is Castellanos really gonna command that much? Minus defenders haven't been getting the bank broken for them lately. JD the gawd only got $20 million per and Castellanos isn't as good as him.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Is Castellanos really gonna command that much? Minus defenders haven't been getting the bank broken for them lately. JD the gawd only got $20 million per and Castellanos isn't as good as him.

nah but moustakas just got 64 mil :why: and he’s been average defensively and worse than Castellanos offensively. Depends how his market plays out and who the cubs trade and get in return. Reporters saying it’s highly unlikely Schwarber, Rizzo or Báez gets traded and Schwarber & Castellanos as your corner outfielders is suspect

I don’t think he’ll be back unless Bryant & Schwarber are traded