The 2017 HBCU FOOTBALL THREAD

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Alcorn State actually has some pretty great amenities. Our stadium is nice, Largest scoreboard out of all HBCUs and we do have a State of the Art RV Park that even SEC, Big 10 schools would be jealous of. Something that no other HBCU has if I'm not mistaken.

We aren't doing too bad there considering we are a small school in Ms :youngsabo:

35886265_10210970013877882_5559373013306048512_n.jpg

Alcorn is dope as hell man. Y’all country nikkas are literally in the middle of the woods but that campus is beautiful and y’all have some passionate dedicated fans. One thing I can say about Alcorn, JSU and Valley is that the black folks in Mississippi really support the HBCUs but when I was at Bama State folks would wear Crimson Tide and Auburn apperal on campus smh.

I guess nobody in Mississippi wanna support Ole Miss racist ass with that rebel mascot

SU got something to say about that this year:youngsabo:

I hope so. Tired of seeing Grambling in Atlanta

Might be the best hidden stadium to tail-gate, outside of JSU. I truly enjoy going their to tailgate.

When SU played yall last year, it was crazy. Like a big ass party. :wow:

SU might be the only school in the SWAC who can outnumber the home fans when they are on the road :wow:

Jaguar Nation roll deep

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Alcorn is dope as hell man. Y’all country nikkas are literally in the middle of the woods but that campus is beautiful and y’all have some passionate dedicated fans. One thing I can say about Alcorn, JSU and Valley is that the black folks in Mississippi really support the HBCUs but when I was at Bama State folks would wear Crimson Tide and Auburn apperal on campus smh.

I guess nobody in Mississippi wanna support Ole Miss racist ass with that rebel mascot

SU might be the only school in the SWAC who can outnumber the home fans when they are on the road :wow:

Jaguar Nation roll deep

Yea breh, what's crazy, this been like this since the 80s, I can remember when SU use to go on the road, they would literally outnumber the other team's fan base. It'll be a home game for SU, my folks use to tell me.

The local hotels would sell out, restaurants in that area would be packed, some would run out of food, especially in the 90s when SU was running the HBCU world.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Might be the best hidden stadium to tail-gate, outside of JSU. I truly enjoy going their to tailgate.

When SU played yall last year, it was crazy. Like a big ass party. :wow:

that game is always live :wow:
one of the best games in HBCU's either in Baton Rouge or Alcorn. It's live. That 2013 game at SU was beyond lit and then the atmosphere of the 2014 & 2017 games at Alcorn. :whew:

That SU/Alcorn party game atmosphere goes all the way back to the McNair days 93 at SU

That 1994 game at Alcorn :ohlawd:
20663880_10212116195834297_8406254981711144682_n.jpg

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

Jaguar Nation roll deep

yeah MS schools do not support no Ole Piss and Ms State like that. :scusthov:

yeah SU has let us down in terms of beating Gram in recent years. Was really hoping to meet them in the SCG again. Even if Alcorn doesn't make it I know the game would be packed at the SCG and Celebration Bowl with SU. Gram support has been iffy lately.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
one of the best games in HBCU's either in Baton Rouge or Alcorn. It's live. That 2013 game at SU was beyond lit and then the atmosphere of the 2014 & 2017 games at Alcorn. :whew:

That SU/Alcorn party game atmosphere goes all the way back to the McNair days 93 at SU

Breh :wow:

Ppl talk about that 94 game, that was an epic game, McNair with the pose in the end-zone, SU with the dayum near comeback at the end.

Breh, I will show my grand-kids this game :wow:, Nothing but black ppl all around :blessed:

But, that 93 game in BR. was probably the best game that I seen ever, on any football level. McNair put on a show that night. He had Warrick Dunn and Charlie Ward and Bobby Bowden in attendance at that game, and they said that he was going to be a problem :wow:

That was the best game ever. Alcorn and SU, always have wonderful games, pre-game before the game is so magical :wow:

Always a beautiful day, like I said, last year, it was truly an amazing day:ohlawd:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

2013, was amazing. SU HC, and it came down to the wire. And we came back that night only to lose it.

It was a wonderful game, Even the Swac ship in H-Town was Lit, Houston was crazy that day and night. The tail-gate before the game in the parking lot,

Free fried fish with the crinkle fries and a slice of bread, Free Omega juice, free liquor and beautiful black women along with old school 90s music. :mjcry:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Yea, Mississippi brehs support their HBCU’s. Our first championship was against Alcorn, and they were rolling deep in the A. I remember getting on the Marta with my gear on being surrounded by a sea of purple and white. My mentor/big bro is a Alcorn grad from Chicago.

I lived in MS for a little while, and my baby bro attends Mississippi State. nikkas supported the HBCUs, State, Southern Miss, or LSU. It was always fug Ole Piss.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Yea, Mississippi brehs support their HBCU’s. Our first championship was against Alcorn, and they were rolling deep in the A. I remember getting on the Marta with my gear on being surrounded by a sea of purple and white. My mentor/big bro is a Alcorn grad from Chicago.

I lived in MS for a little while, and my baby bro attends Mississippi State. nikkas supported the HBCUs, State, Southern Miss, or LSU. It was always fug Ole Piss.

How big of a game would it be if SU played yall up there?? Attendance wise and the week leading up the game??

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
How big of a game would it be if SU played yall up there?? Attendance wise and the week leading up the game??
Shoot, y’all come up to Greensboro the city is shutting down. Tailgating is straight up this way, but it doesn’t compare to how y’all do it. We know the legend of SU, so we def gone show up. I’d go back for that game.

If it’s in ATL for the championship, the week leading up to the game would be amazing. All the clubs and shyt here would take full advantage. The city would be split in half, as both fan bases would show up.

That’s two HBCU heavyweights right there. I’d love to see a game between A&T and SU.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Shoot, y’all come up to Greensboro the city is shutting down. Tailgating is straight up this way, but it doesn’t compare to how y’all do it. We know the legend of SU, so we def gone show up. I’d go back for that game.

If it’s in ATL for the championship, the week leading up to the game would be amazing. All the clubs and shyt here would take full advantage. The city would be split in half, as both fan bases would show up.

That’s two HBCU heavyweights right there. I’d love to see a game between A&T and SU.

I can believe that. ATL would be crazy, the alumni from both schools would be crazy. That game Friday night would be :wow: and the game that Saturday afternoon, hopefully they push it to 2 or 3 :wow: enough time to leave the game, get something to eat, fellowship with you guys and the women, and hit the ATL scene :wow:

Football world, make this happen:wow:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

yep A&T came to the yard back in the mid 2000's we owe yall a return trip. Celebration Bowl was crazy we set that thang off right. Cohen though :sadcam:

Alcornites was all over even for pregame :blessed:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
yep A&T came to the yard back in the mid 2000's we owe yall a return trip. Celebration Bowl was crazy we set that thang off right. Cohen though :sadcam:

Alcornites was all over even for pregame :blessed:

Man, Tarik Cohen carried us that game as our defense wasn’t stopping anything.

Yea, y’all set it off and it was fun that weekend as well. I’m so glad the celebration bowl/Black College football championship was created, as not only do we get the best of the best from each black conference, but it’s also a chance for fellowship, like @NO-BadAzz said. There HBCU’s from Delaware on down to Texas, and the bowl game meshes those of us from the southeast with southwest brehs, and we all have a good time.

Now, with all that being said, in the spirit of competition and as the kings of this HBCU shyt at the moment, we in Aggieland say to you SWAC brehs and brehettes, come on with it. I remember my 5 years at A&T, we were garbage. Thangs turned as soon as I graduated, but I’m talking shyt now, cause I couldn’t back then :myman:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Man, Tarik Cohen carried us that game as our defense wasn’t stopping anything.

Yea, y’all set it off and it was fun that weekend as well. I’m so glad the celebration bowl/Black College football championship was created, as not only do we get the best of the best from each black conference, but it’s also a chance for fellowship, like @NO-BadAzz said. There HBCU’s from Delaware on down to Texas, and the bowl game meshes those of us from the southeast with southwest brehs, and we all have a good time.

Now, with all that being said, in the spirit of competition and as the kings of this HBCU shyt at the moment, we in Aggieland say to you SWAC brehs and brehettes, come on with it. I remember my 5 years at A&T, we were garbage. Thangs turned as soon as I graduated, but I’m talking shyt now, cause I couldn’t back then :myman:

Grambling just got a transfer from University of Florida..they have transfers from Alabama, Ole Miss and Texas on their team as well :francis:
They just gave coach Fobbs a raise and he makes over 315K now..thats up there with the FCS powerhouse teams and some lower FBS teams.

safe to say they'll be in Atlanta again. I wonder how Howard gonna do this year with Cam lil bro in his 2nd season