The 2017 HBCU FOOTBALL THREAD

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
BET used to air game back in the day, but the only time you will ever see HBCU games on national TV is on some Thursday nights on ESPNU cause the SWAC and MEAC has a contract with ESPN to air Thursday nigh games. The Magic City and Florida Classics are on ESPNU but its always a tape delay and it comes on later that evening instead of being air live.

Bayou Classic used to come on NBC but it comes on NBCSN now, which a lot of people dont have. The SWAC title game is air on ESPNU or is streaming on ESPN3.COM, and the Celebration Bowl is always air on ABC. It comes on Saturday at 12 actually..first bowl of the bowl season.

There really isnt a way to watch HBCU games regularly which is a shame. I think BounceTV used to air games..BET should start airing games again.

But check out this Youtube channel..dude has a ton of HBCU games you can watch
Alex Hines

It's pitiful TVOne isn't showing HBCU games every weekend.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Don't know if the SWAC or MEAC would want out of that ESPN contract, but I'd love to see some SIAC games on TVOne or something. I know Aspire TV airs CIAA games.
ahh true. I wonder if ESPN has every thought bought a straight up ESPN HBCU channel but then again there simply arent enough weekly games being shown even when you factor in all other sports.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
ahh true. I wonder if ESPN has every thought bought a straight up ESPN HBCU channel but then again there simply arent enough weekly games being shown even when you factor in all other sports.

You'd think they'd get something like that started with TheUndefeated, at least a streaming service.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
HBCUs don't get enough airtime. I've been trying to find some type of schedule that shows all hbcu games that will be televised​

the ASPIRE channel always runs at least one game on Saturdays. I think theyre all CIAA games.

I caught some classic MEAC throwback games on that station too, but I think they stopped showing them.

I don't know what happened to their weekly recap show tho.

EDIT: I see yall beat me to it.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
BOXTOROW Final: North Carolina A&T crowned HBCU champs for second time in three seasons

2017 BOXTOROW HBCU Media Top 10 Poll
Final
(Records through December 16, 2017)

No. Team W-L Pts. Last Week
1 North Carolina A&T (15) 12-0
2 Grambling 11-2
3 Virginia State 10-1
4 Bowie State 9-2
5 Southern 7-4
6 Alcorn State 7-4
7 North Carolina Central 7-4
8 Tuskegee 9-2
9 Howard 7-4
10 Bethune-Cookman 7-4

Reggie Barlow got them boys at VSU playing nice!
Damn shame how they ran him off at Bama State