The 2017 HBCU FOOTBALL THREAD

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Tie game.

Alcorn’s side is almost full with fans. Where the hell all them country ass folks get money from for the game :mjlol:

Alcorn alums got money bruh, small school but we in top 20 HBCUS.
I hate it took us to the 4th quarter to adjust our pass protection. You can pass all over Grambling with the type of coverage they run. NCAT probably going to have a fields day

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Kincaid highlight made it to "college football final"

I don't know if he made it to sportscenter tho.

Are they running a college athletic conference or a damn club

well theyre dealing with a consumer base, that's mainly there for the battle of the bands.

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
so.......are any HBCUs participating in any playoffs at all, this year?

Bowie State and VA state made the D2 playoffs

2017 DII Football Bracket

The SWAC stopped sending teams to the playoffs a while ago and I think the MEAC stopped this season. I may be wrong though.

The Bayou Classic is always a week after the start of the FCS playoffs, & Grambling or Southern is usually the best team in the conference so ain’t no way they could go anyways.

Disney/ABC/ESPN cuts a million dollar check to each conference to participate in the Celebration Bowl tho, so they playoffs aren’t missed. We make more in that one game than we would for the whole playoffs

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Smart move by ASU to remove the interim tag off of Coach DHE.

I wish we could have got the OC from Grambling cause our offense is complete shyt.

Coach Eley did good after he took over for Jenkins I wanna see what he can do during a full season. I think our defense was #1 in the SWAC. If the offense catches up then we can challenge Alcorn for the top of the east.

It’s different folks say Duer Sharp is resigning as commissioner of the SWAC but he saying he ain’t going anywhere :snoop:

Hope he leaves and someone can keep the SWAC championship going. Him putting an end to it is the dumbest shyt this conference has ever did.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
HBCUs don't get enough airtime. I've been trying to find some type of schedule that shows all hbcu games that will be televised​

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
HBCUs don't get enough airtime. I've been trying to find some type of schedule that shows all hbcu games that will be televised​

BET used to air game back in the day, but the only time you will ever see HBCU games on national TV is on some Thursday nights on ESPNU cause the SWAC and MEAC has a contract with ESPN to air Thursday nigh games. The Magic City and Florida Classics are on ESPNU but its always a tape delay and it comes on later that evening instead of being air live.

Bayou Classic used to come on NBC but it comes on NBCSN now, which a lot of people dont have. The SWAC title game is air on ESPNU or is streaming on ESPN3.COM, and the Celebration Bowl is always air on ABC. It comes on Saturday at 12 actually..first bowl of the bowl season.

There really isnt a way to watch HBCU games regularly which is a shame. I think BounceTV used to air games..BET should start airing games again.

But check out this Youtube channel..dude has a ton of HBCU games you can watch
Alex Hines

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
BET used to air game back in the day, but the only time you will ever see HBCU games on national TV is on some Thursday nights on ESPNU cause the SWAC and MEAC has a contract with ESPN to air Thursday nigh games. The Magic City and Florida Classics are on ESPNU but its always a tape delay and it comes on later that evening instead of being air live.

Bayou Classic used to come on NBC but it comes on NBCSN now, which a lot of people dont have. The SWAC title game is air on ESPNU or is streaming on ESPN3.COM, and the Celebration Bowl is always air on ABC. It comes on Saturday at 12 actually..first bowl of the bowl season.

There really isnt a way to watch HBCU games regularly which is a shame. I think BounceTV used to air games..BET should start airing games again.

But check out this Youtube channel..dude has a ton of HBCU games you can watch
Alex Hines

Yeah most time they show my Eagles its a tape delay. I like to watch sports live. If its not live I'll just check the box score. Anyway you slice it they don't show HBCUs enough live. Some networks have tried but they always fall back. I hope we can get a dependable network soon for HBCU sports​