That Schoolboy Q verse on the Roc Marci album was fukking impeccable

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Mick Jenkins and Navy Blue come to mind. Also, welcome back. What year did you last post?

Fred.

I've been seeing navy blue name around but haven't listened to anything yet. I remember listening to Mick Jenkins first or second album way back when and I didn't like it that much. Has he improved?

Last time I was around was in early 2022

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I can’t believe how many people are hating on that beat. I love that beat and loved it from the first time I heard it.
To me that beat is why Roc still is on top of that wave, or whatever you want to call it. He could rap over soul loops on every track, it would sound good and we'd fukk with it. But instead he's always been focused on pushing shyt forward sonically, going a little left on each album to separate himself from everyone else. First time I remember him doing it was Peru, off Reloaded. And just about every album since then has a track that's a little weird or off kilter. I fukk with it.

I think some people slept on Marciology but I'd argue that's his most experimental album (production wise) since Reloaded.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was fantastic - listened to that album the morning it dropped (after wearing out The Elephant Man's Bones), and was surprised by how great his verse was!

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been seeing navy blue name around but haven't listened to anything yet. I remember listening to Mick Jenkins first or second album way back when and I didn't like it that much. Has he improved?

Last time I was around was in early 2022
His last album was fantastic - I'd definitely recommend giving it a listen.