Thanksgiving around the corner, how y'all gonna handle that?

tater

Superstar
Daps
I don't celebrate thanksgiving so I don't know the formalities of the day itself but if you gonna cheat that day you have to exercise that same day too and cheat AFTER work out, so maybe consider an early morning workout.

Remember a cheat meal (let alone a day) must always be on the day of a weight workout....not cardio days nor rest days.

Why is this? I've never heard that before.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps

Well you want to do it on a weight day because contrary to belief, the nutritional value of your cheat meal is extremely high. That is obviously if you aren't just gorging down sweets/cakes. If you eating shyt with genuine nutritional value and packs a punch calorie-wise like burgers or similar, you are getting the best out of that meal. Now only on a weight day are you breaking down your muscles so you want that protein from the meal to recover and grow the muscle you broke down. That leads into the timing. If you eat that meal prior to the workout, you aren't capitalising off the meal's value to recover your muscle because you haven't broken it down yet.

Plus if OP was to get the workout in early that day and then spend the day eating cheat meals, and he's someone who usually adheres to a strict diet, his metabolism will be vastly improved. You need to shock your system once in a while.

Hopefully this clarifies it.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

I'm not a mind reader but I think he's trying to say that it's best to boost your metabolism via a heavy lifting session before going crazy on a cheat meal.

Nothing boosts metabolism like a hiit session so there's that.

To many variables to definitely say that's the only method. Nothing wrong with a cheat day occurring on a rest day if you have a good challenging weekly gym routine bcuz your metabolism is gonna be elevated from that alone.

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
Well you want to do it on a weight day because contrary to belief, the nutritional value of your cheat meal is extremely high. That is obviously if you aren't just gorging down sweets/cakes. If you eating shyt with genuine nutritional value and packs a punch calorie-wise like burgers or similar, you are getting the best out of that meal. Now only on a weight day are you breaking down your muscles so you want that protein from the meal to recover and grow the muscle you broke down. That leads into the timing. If you eat that meal prior to the workout, you aren't capitalising off the meal's value to recover your muscle because you haven't broken it down yet.

Plus if OP was to get the workout in early that day and then spend the day eating cheat meals, and he's someone who usually adheres to a strict diet, his metabolism will be vastly improved. You need to shock your system once in a while.

Hopefully this clarifies it.

We posted at the same time. I could see that working

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
I'm not a mind reader but I think he's trying to say that it's best to boost your metabolism via a heavy lifting session before going crazy on a cheat meal.

Nothing boosts metabolism like a hiit session so there's that.

To many variables to definitely say that's the only method. Nothing wrong with a cheat day occurring on a rest day if you have a good challenging weekly gym routine bcuz your metabolism is gonna be elevated from that alone.

You correct on the metabolism but the edge weight training gives over HiiT is the muscle breakdown, and how you can rebuild it with a meal of that nature. Technically you can do it off a HiiT day but I would recommend a heavy weight session more so for optimal results.

I would never do it on a rest day. I mean it depends on your goals too. But if you wanna lose fat and you are worried about your diet, you wanna consume less calories that day anyway.

Kyle C. Barker

Daps
You correct on the metabolism but the edge weight training gives over HiiT is the muscle breakdown, and how you can rebuild it with a meal of that nature. Technically you can do it off a HiiT day but I would recommend a heavy weight session more so for optimal results.

I would never do it on a rest day. I mean it depends on your goals too. But if you wanna lose fat and you are worried about your diet, you wanna consume less calories that day anyway.

The more I think abt it the more I like your plan. I'm gonna make thx giving day (aka american heavy eating day) a heavy compound lifting day with some battle ropes thrown in for the hiit portion

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
The more I think abt it the more I like your plan. I'm gonna make thx giving day (aka american heavy eating day) a heavy compound lifting day with some battle ropes thrown in for the hiit portion

:salute:

and enjoy thanksgiving breh

tater

Superstar
Daps
I won't be able to work out afterwards because I'm going out of town and can only take a personal item (purse/backpack) because I'm flying spirit. :mjcry:

I'm going to try and eat in moderation. I'll probably fail :ehh:.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I don't celebrate thanksgiving so I don't know the formalities of the day itself but if you gonna cheat that day you have to exercise that same day too and cheat AFTER work out, so maybe consider an early morning workout.

Remember a cheat meal (let alone a day) must always be on the day of a weight workout....not cardio days nor rest days.
ehhhhhhh

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
There is different way to go about it. I don't know that to b a hard and fast rule.

most important not to eat cheat meals on a rest day....I really cannot see a way around that

and you'll be better off filling up on a cheat meal post work-out rather than pre work-out

nothing set in concrete bro but that seems most optimal