Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

full

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man. I'm just thinking about the knock-on effects

We are in the middle of a pandemic, in the middle of a recession and this happens.

A lot of people are probably behind on their rent/mortgage due to Covid as it is. How are home repairs gonna get paid for? Also, these +$600 electricity bills due to the energy price surge... do people have the money to just throw away their stimulus checks like that?

People are already hurting and this is gonna be salt in the wound for a lot of people

Daps
Man. I'm just thinking about the knock-on effects

We are in the middle of a pandemic, in the middle of a recession and this happens.

A lot of people are probably behind on their rent/mortgage due to Covid as it is. How are home repairs gonna get paid for? Also, these +$600 electricity bills due to the energy price surge... do people have the money to just throw away their stimulus checks like that?

People are already hurting and this is gonna be salt in the wound for a lot of people

Yep.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
shyt the first time i ever heard of rolling blackout was 2016 summer...whne it was hot as fukk

when i was in seatac for a bit...

i had to call my parents like when did this bullshyt start happenin

Yeah, the shyt is crazy because along with the grid being built in the 50s, it has a 50 year lifespan before needing attention in regards to repair and/or redesign..we’re about 10, 20 years overdue for this.

TX has needed an upgrade in regards to their grid system for YEARS..not just because of the 50 year lifecycle but because of the added stress of consistent population growth from nikkas moving there. Nationally, it’s been recognized by most of the grid operators/power companies that the best way to go is to build your lines out UNDERGROUND but they’ll only build this out on new construction or property remodels because of the lower costs. Them nikkas refuse to spend the money to get rid of those ugly ass electrical poles that connect power lines to your home and go underground but you will NEVER see them in high value areas though..they’ll spend that fukking money there but elsewhere you got these tall ass brown electrical crucifixes strewn across the hood that can fail by someone running into one or a strong ass storm that takes down a line.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
bro, you're not driving right now are you?

I am. I outran the storm. My dispatch wanted me to stay on I-40 but I knew it would get fukked up by the storm so I dove down to US 60/70 from Amarillo and outran the storm as it moved from northwest to southeast. I ended up in Phoenix, AZ and then Cali. I never had to deal with anything other than some light snow. Trip planning is critical.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Man, this is crazy. I'm so fortunate/blessed/lucky.

Never lost power while the entire opposite side of town only 1.5miles away was shut down. No power.

I'm sad for all the ppl who had busted pipes and extreme damage
Same. First floor of my building don’t have water cause someone’s pipes burst so they shut all their water off yesterday. I been extremely fortunate
My shyt never went out either
Never lost hot water or nothing:jbhmm:

I live in the Medical District close to UT South western

My sister lives on the Little Elm n Frisco border and her power was shut on and off 3hrs at a time for days:patrice:
My cousin lives in The Colony and he said their shyt was going in and out like every hour on the hour. Folks that live near the DART, near manufacturing warehouses and hospitals lucked out. Was no way they were shutting their power down

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
Anybody got information about the snow turning black? I got a video on YouTube if a sista doing it.. I dont wanna post the link until I save the video.

For those who are unaware there are reports of the snow not being real and man made.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Anybody got information about the snow turning black? I got a video on YouTube if a sista doing it.. I dont wanna post the link until I save the video.

For those who are unaware there are reports of the snow not being real and man made.

There are also reports of aliens on the moon.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, the shyt is crazy because along with the grid being built in the 50s, it has a 50 year lifespan before needing attention in regards to repair and/or redesign..we’re about 10, 20 years overdue for this.

TX has needed an upgrade in regards to their grid system for YEARS..not just because of the 50 year lifecycle but because of the added stress of consistent population growth from nikkas moving there. Nationally, it’s been recognized by most of the grid operators/power companies that the best way to go is to build your lines out UNDERGROUND but they’ll only build this out on new construction or property remodels because of the lower costs. Them nikkas refuse to spend the money to get rid of those ugly ass electrical poles that connect power lines to your home and go underground but you will NEVER see them in high value areas though..they’ll spend that fukking money there but elsewhere you got these tall ass brown electrical crucifixes strewn across the hood that can fail by someone running into one or a strong ass storm that takes down a line.

So overpopulation in this case, is a bad thing. The power lines had to be updated 20 years ago, but that would require people to pay a state income tax.