Texas Brehs and Brehettes how y’all handling this winter storm?

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
@heart

You good breh?
Yeah I finally got power at my house but a lot of friends and families still dont.

I'm staying at the hospital until Saturday. My damn Fish froze to death in the tank but its still really bad in Dallas.

Also Covid is still in the cut! I expect a huge surge next week.

A lot of my coworkers got their families up here but the hospital is making some staff leave because we have EVERYONE coming to the ER, especially the homeless population. It's not a good situation. Even today we got up to about 28 degrees but the roads have ice spots and people are driving reckless thinking its sweet and having bad accidents.

Also last night I checked my account on the TXU app, im already forcasted an upcoming bill over $400 just for this week alone...:francis:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
my kids mom had to use my spot uptown all week...kuz their shyt in lancaster was bullshyt...glad i got a deep freezer

she called me... askin could she get accesss got her thru...

been up there ever since told her stay long as she wants.. i aint trippin...wont be back in dallas for a a couple weeks noway

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
This whole thing is nuts :mindblown: I admittedly don't fully understand the details, but the fact a state as prominent as Texas can get shut down like this from a winter storm that's probably "mild" to much of the country is unbelievable.

People forget that the United States received a grade of D+ in regards to its electrical grid network. Most of the grid was designed and built in the 1950’s and because it’s mostly privatized, there’s little incentive to make upgrades until there’s a failure and the resulting uproar forces companies to make changes. Our electrical grid and it’s vulnerability is a top three national security risk..all it takes is 7-10 major substations going down in certain areas to set off a cascade of failures.

Texas doesn’t get weather like this..they lay their pipes shallow in the ground so a deep cold can affect your sewerage and water. And Texas controls its own grid, there’s no formal backup..they tried tapping Mexico and the SPP best they were already tapped out energy wise. When you have no where else to go, you conduct rolling blackouts.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
This whole thing is nuts :mindblown: I admittedly don't fully understand the details, but the fact a state as prominent as Texas can get shut down like this from a winter storm that's probably "mild" to much of the country is unbelievable.

...:francis:[/QUOTE]

People forget that the United States received a grade of D+ in regards to its electrical grid network. Most of the grid was designed and built in the 1950’s and because it’s mostly privatized, there’s little incentive to make upgrades until there’s a failure and the resulting uproar forces companies to make changes. Our electrical grid and it’s vulnerability is a top three national security risk..all it takes is 7-10 major substations going down in certain areas to set off a cascade of failures.

Texas doesn’t get weather like this..they lay their pipes shallow in the ground so a deep cold can affect your sewerage and water. And Texas controls its own grid, there’s no formal backup..they tried tapping Mexico and the SPP best they were already tapped out energy wise. When you have no where else to go, you conduct rolling blackouts.

Daps
Yeah I finally got power at my house but a lot of friends and families still dont.

I'm staying at the hospital until Saturday. My damn Fish froze to death in the tank but its still really bad in Dallas.

Also Covid is still in the cut! I expect a huge surge next week.

A lot of my coworkers got their families up here but the hospital is making some staff leave because we have EVERYONE coming to the ER, especially the homeless population. It's not a good situation. Even today we got up to about 28 degrees but the roads have ice spots and people are driving reckless thinking its sweet and having bad accidents.

Also last night I checked my account on the TXU app, im already forcasted an upcoming bill over $400 just for this week alone...:francis:

Your hospital is the one that the pipes burst at?

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Your hospital is the one that the pipes burst at?
Unfortunately yes...

Also this morning we had an Ob doc on call and he was coming in for a cesarean birth, he fell on ice in front of the hospital and tore his ACL.

Like you said, the ice is thick. I’m 5’9-5’10 and the ice is going past my calf. So Texas brehs be safe even if you decide to walk out there. This shyt is just so unprecedented, I don’t know what else to say...

Daps
Unfortunately yes...

Also this morning we had an Ob doc on call and he was coming in for a cesarean birth, he fell on ice in front of the hospital and tore his ACL.

Like you said, the ice is thick. I’m 5’9-5’10 and the ice is going past my calf. So Texas brehs be safe even if you decide to walk out there. This shyt is just so unprecedented, I don’t know what else to say...

:damn::damn::damn:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker

shyt the first time i ever heard of rolling blackout was 2016 summer...whne it was hot as fukk

when i was in seatac for a bit...

i had to call my parents like when did this bullshyt start happenin

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I have to take a shyt so bad.

Water is off, only have bottled water and don't wanna use it for the toilet just incase this shyt lasts longer than another day or two.

Thought I'd be able to drive to Target or HEB for a few gallons but the roads in my complex are completely iced over :francis:

Figured I'd just walk to Target since it's less than half a mile away. Made it about 30 feet to the stairs and busted my ass :francis:

Might have to shyt in a grocery bag :francis:

You shyt in that bag huh? :francis:

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta hit the "penguin walk" if you MUST walk on ice.

0avg9khjdo761.jpg