Tennis player Naomi Osaka ready to put it on for her Haitian people (UPDATE, she won)

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
She dope but the thought of Serena being back full strength and wanting revenge makes me cringe.
As much as i love and want to fukk Serena [WILLIAMS] , I gotta rep for my half-haitian sisthren :mjcry:
EDIT: Serena WILLIAMS! The words "love to fukk Serena" just no longer sit well with me when i post it anymore. My niece's name is Serena so now i have to be specific on some no-pedo/no-molesto shyt :hubie:

capt_saveahoe

All Star
Daps
She is 21 years old, just about to reach her peak as far as tennis goes. She has the physical tools to consistently make it to quarterfinals and semifinals. Her mentality and the way she stays calm is very impressive, sometimes she seems almost pathological in the way she shows no emotion on the court.

She might get another grandslam title this year.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
She is 21 years old, just about to reach her peak as far as tennis goes. She has the physical tools to consistently make it to quarterfinals and semifinals. Her mentality and the way she stays calm is very impressive, sometimes she seems almost pathological in the way she shows no emotion on the court.

She might get another grandslam title this year.
Americans grow up in an environment that encourages people to "express themselves" and such.

Her parents are Japanese and Haitian: Two cultures where freely "expressing yourself" are frowned upon. Especially haitian culture where, as they always say , " children are to be seen and not heard" so she's bound to show restraint with her emotions.

Is there a story about why she doesnt carry her fathers name? He is the black one right?
In many cultures, when you marry a woman, the man takes the woman's last name. So that could be it too if Japanese culture is similar.
Go to Brazil and marry a Brazilian woman and see what happens to your last name. GONE. :russ: