Tekken Is Overrated In Terms Of How "Hard" It Is

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Tekken is way harder than MK in a competitive format due to sheer amount of moves and matchups you can be presented with at any given moment. A lot of pro Tekken players don't even utilize the full movelist, they work with a pool of about 15-20 attacks that just "work", because the movelists are so robust.

I'd say Tekken and KoF are the most difficult fighting games to fully learn. Tekken because of the ridiculous amount of moves and characters, while also being on a 3D plane, and KoF due to execution. Both are easy to jump into tho. VF is up there but not due to execution, that game is a lot more read and react.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Tekken is way harder than MK in a competitive format due to sheer amount of moves and matchups you can be presented with at any given moment. A lot of pro Tekken players don't even utilize the full movelist, they work with a pool of about 15-20 attacks that just "work", because the movelists are so robust.

I'd say Tekken and KoF are the most difficult fighting games to fully learn. Tekken because of the ridiculous amount of moves and characters, while also being on a 3D plane, and KoF due to execution. Both are easy to jump into tho. VF is up there but not due to execution, that game is a lot more read and react.

That doesnt make it harder. Just makes it more unpredictable.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:francis: Try playing Tekken in China town and tell me it’s not hard. All of my college years I went to C-Town and was getting my bell rung. Rip to Baek he was the only character that was able to keep me competitive.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gave up on MK those games ae just trash NRS ain' getting no more of money, they fooled with me Injustice 2 then with that super trash MK11
they can keep all that shyt

Tekken is way harder than MK it's not even close, that's why sonic fox only play easy games like soul caliber and Dead or Alive, he can't fukk with no damn Tekken is you crazy

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I gave up on MK those games ae just trash NRS ain' getting no more of money, they fooled with me Injustice 2 then with that super trash MK11

Tekken is way harder than MK it's not even close, that's why sonic fox only play easy games like soul caliber and Dead or Alive, he can't fukk with no damn Tekken is you crazy

Ill beat your ass with Master Raven. Square up.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ill beat your ass with Master Raven. Square up.

I don't play Tekken I own too many fighting games to sit through and learn how to play, it's not an easy game to pick up that's why I said it, MK is way easiest

harder doesn't mean better, MK sucks not because it's easy to play, the game is just trash, the game itself is trash

I'm not getting carpal tunnel, I don't know how anyone plays that game with a controller

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Once you're top 1000 on the planet with your character

Iss different.

:banderas:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Nah he can play anything and play it well

he’s actually not too bad at all

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Execution is not why Tekken is a difficult competitive game. At all. There are many characters with simple and intuitive tools. Combos are easy.

The difficulty in Tekken is understanding matchups & frame data in a 50 man roster with bloated move lists where no one plays the same and everyone has gimmicks/set ups that will kill you if you don’t know what your options are. And there’s NO in game tutorial to tell you anything about how this game is designed to be played. How you beat the CPU has zero bearing on how you beat live opponents.

This learning curve why the best players in Tekken tend have been playing for many years and carry legacy knowledge between titles. You don’t have young guys come out of nowhere and dominate the game in a few years of learning like you see in the NRS scene.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Execution is not why Tekken is a difficult competitive game. At all. There are many characters with simple and intuitive tools. Combos are easy.

The difficulty in Tekken is understanding matchups & frame data in a 50 man roster with bloated move lists where no one plays the same and everyone has gimmicks/set ups that will kill you if you don’t know what your options are. And there’s NO in game tutorial to tell you anything about how this game is designed to be played. How you beat the CPU has zero bearing on how you beat live opponents.

This learning curve why the best players in Tekken tend have been playing for many years and carry legacy knowledge between titles. You don’t have young guys come out of nowhere and dominate the game in a few years of learning like you see in the NRS scene.

This is true, which is why I don't consider Tekken as hard to me, since I've been playing since the beginning. That said, I'm no tourney pro player either, since I've long since gave up on that since I've gone home and became a family man aeons ago like Gully told me to.

The irony about the infamous "bloated" move lists is that for a good while, folks were swearing up and down how only "X" amount of moves per character were necessary to be good and so many other moves were utterly useless. Oh how wrong those folks were on that shyt.