Tekken Is Overrated In Terms Of How "Hard" It Is

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Ive played fighting games all my life. MK, SF, Tekken, SC, KOF, GG, KI, VF you name it. With the exception of the earlier KOF joints, SF III & 4; none of these shyts are harder than the other. The individual moves and mechanics in that game require no more dexterity than an MK game. I hate when people try to shyt on MK and call it "easy" and "button smasher" game (Um I never seen nobody button smash in MK, now Tekken :MJIseeyouniiga:smile:. Tekken fans really be on that high horse. Tekken IS and always will be a dope ass fighter though.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hard games, execution wise...

Kof
VF
Smash
Cvs2
Sf3
Sf4
Guilty gear series (not strive)
BlazBlue

Everything else

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
maxresdefault.jpg

Did someone say hard?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Tell that to to the aristocratic Tekken fans and MK haters.

Tekken 7 things got easier to bring in casuals ... but its still a hard game...

And I guarantee you there are moves you can't do three times in a row, stances you can't consistently do, and characters you can't play

Is there any other game on the planet where you have to practice just how to move correctly ? idk

No tutorials, 50 characters with 100 plus moves that you need to all know, and how to properly punish

Once you start to get someone what decent and get a certain rank, the game is a headache

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Tekken 7 things got easier to bring in casuals ... but its still a hard game...

And I guarantee you there are moves you can't do three times in a row, stances you can't consistently do, and characters you can't play

Is there any other game on the planet where you have to practice just how to move correctly ? idk

No tutorials, 50 characters with 100 plus moves that you need to all know, and how to properly punish

Once you start to get someone what decent and get a certain rank, the game is a headache

You just describe literally every fighter. None of that stuff makes Tekken any more difficult than the other games (especially the last point). Hell MK has strings where you have know the frame/start up of each hit before you can attempt to punish. So to answer of that... Yes.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
You just describe literally every fighter. None of that stuff makes Tekken any more difficult than the other games (especially the last point). Hell MK has strings where you have know the frame/start up of each hit before you can attempt to punish. So to answer of that... Yes.

What do you mean know the frames and startup, that's how all punishment works in every game, MK characters do not have 100 moves per character, not even close, which was my point

MK is 2D

Back and Forward is all you need to worry about, no sidestepping,

MK has tutorials on how to play the damn game, Tekken has none, zilch

Its just not as deep, sorry

Daps
Tekken is only hard when you get to the competitive e sports level maybe it’s because it’s my favourite fighter the CPU never bothered me except for maybe that last devil Kazuya battle in story mode In 7 which was really really difficult and cheap

I find smash mechanically a lot more difficult because of aerials, recovery dodging not always facing your opponent …

can’t get in to DOA or Virtua fighter

SF because the input commands are hard to execute especially if you don’t have an arcade stick

Og Killer Instinct 1&2 have cheap AI that will combo you to oblivion that final boss regenerates health

MK isn’t too bad aside from Kronika spamming rewind in story mode

maybe if I fought some real people I would have problems

Daps
Absolutely fukking not....

EDIT : I agree with Smash
What makes smash hard is chaining moves
dodging effectively recovering

you are limited in how many jumps you have.that’s always what gets me I do the recovery before I use all my jumps, because I don’t judge the trajectory of my knock back all that well when I should be recovering. I often miss the ledge.