Tekken 4 is severely underrated

nkb97

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC
This game had amazing atmosphere:noah:, thats what makes it my favorite Tekken out of all of em. It just stuck with you

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tekken 4 almost killed the franchise :mjlol: I remember everyone hating it when it came out, THANK GOD for Tekken 5.

Tekken 4 isn't street fighter 3 where initially everyone hated it but over time everyone realised how great of a game it was by the 3rd iteration. Tekken 4 and Tekken 6 will eternally be bottom two of the Franchise

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
I played that shyt over my boy house when it came out I thought he fukked up the controls somehow :wtf:....he told me 'thats how it is':flabbynsick: I dropped the controller laughed :heh:went home and played TTT :blessed:

Tekken was DEAD until T5 came out....everybody kept playing Tekken 3 or TTT for years :mjlol:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Tekken 4 almost killed the franchise :mjlol: I remember everyone hating it when it came out, THANK GOD for Tekken 5.

Tekken 4 isn't street fighter 3 where initially everyone hated it but over time everyone realised how great of a game it was by the 3rd iteration. Tekken 4 and Tekken 6 will eternally be bottom two of the Franchise

The problem with 4 was it was too hard to try and top Tekken Tag which only dropped a couple years prior and nikkaz wasnt ready to move on yet... Not to mention these dumb fukks at Namco realease a game with half the damn Tekken roster missing. Thats where they really fukked up

Similar problem with T6(which was trash) there was no way it could live up to its predecessor T5 which is arguably the best out the series

Last edited:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What was so bad about Tekken 6? I remember not initially liking the bound extended juggle system but it felt more like a big expansion to Tekken 5 to me.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What was so bad about Tekken 6? I remember not initially liking the bound extended juggle system but it felt more like a big expansion to Tekken 5 to me.

Tekken 6 fell short in so many ways. It didnt make use of the PS3 hardware in full, lack of gameplay modes, Campaign mode was choppy in gameplay and haphazard cut scenes, another broken unplayable boss that wasn't human or even looked as one that was the failed version of Ogre, storyline all over the place, character endings abruptly short and nonsensical, item moves that couldn't fit in the gameplay and played like a failed version of Soul Calibur.

At least Tekken 7 ironed out those issues.

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Tekken 4 was GOAT - Character controls were so fluid, Side steppin was immaculate, minus unable to jump back without pressing an action button along with - I put so Many Hours into this game - :salute:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Tekken 4 was GOAT - Character controls were so fluid, Side steppin was immaculate, minus unable to jump back without pressing an action button along with - I put so Many Hours into this game - :salute:

Only things Tekken 4 came up short is the amount of characters and small battle arenas. If you had characters from T5 in Tekken 4 and a character roster of over 30, no one would be saying a word.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
The problem with 4 was it was too hard to try and top Tekken Tag which only dropped a couple years prior and nikkaz wasnt ready to move on yet... Not to mention these dumb fukks at Namco realease a game with half the damn Tekken roster missing. Thats where they really fukked up

Similar problem with T6(which was trash) there was no way it could live up to its predecessor T5 which is arguably the best out the series
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection on the PSP :banderas:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Only things Tekken 4 came up short is the amount of characters and small battle arenas. If you had characters from T5 in Tekken 4 and a character roster of over 30, no one would be saying a word.
Bruh if they had added bruce, anna (anna with her tekken5 playstyle) and maybe dragunov shyt would've been bananas considering 4 introduced steve and marduk