Tekken 4 is severely underrated

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Tekken 4 was great, my favorite of all of them.

-The unique stages.
-The different costumes for the characters, then they decided to go backwards in Tekken 5 by giving everyone their old costumes.
-Everybody having an interesting story.
-The game in general feeling more serious in its tone.
-Great soundtrack
-Most realistic Tekken besides Kuma/Panda and Combot.

The series in general has fell off with the inclusion of bound, breaking through floors and people floating through the air. That stuff just looks straight up stupid. At times Tekken 4 matches felt like MMA or Karate matches. I play games for fun I didn't care that Jin was "Overpowered and Unbalanced" folks stay complaining about stuff. Made the creators go backwards completely and just throw away all the new ideas they came up with. Straight up cracking under the pressure, :smh:.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
I only liked it because of the brazilian chick,

341705-christie_monteiro_004.jpg

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't know why nikkas think 4 is the worst in the series. 6 is probably worse than 4 in many ways.

Nikkas hatin on 4 because:

- Unparallel level designs
- Can easily botch up combos
- Jin's broken moves
- Lack of characters
- Heihachi in thongs

What they don't see in 4:

- Awesome soundtrack. Probably in level of first three Tekken games.

Those OST shyts on any tracks of T6.

- Great atmosphere. The battle on Honmaru is probably the greatest last stage on any Tekken game.

- Great narrative and storytelling. Arguably the best in the whole series.

That Kazuya prologue actually send some shivers through my spine. That nikka narrator sounds like he is storytelling a suspense film.

- Kazuya as the central character.

KazuyaMishima(T4).jpg

Him kicking T-force's asses in the intro was a beauty.

- Normal body proportions. Characters don't look like roided fukks.

- No generic anime bullshyt. No kawaii-moe desu crap or overpowered DBZ bullshyt. Just straight up beating the crap of each other.

- Less fan service characters. All character stories in this game are interesting, including Xiaoyu and Panda/Kuma. Yes, they actually have a serious storylines in this game. No high school girls for virgin weabos to fap on except Xiaoyu, Christie and Julia.

fukk them for what they did to Jin.. spend years learning a character only for them to completely change him from the ground up :pacspit:

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
[QUOTEchildish, post: 13435290, member: 14641"]No we're not changing history. T4 is probably the worst mainline entry and that's all there is to it :francis:[/QUOTE]
So t6 childish and overboard combos is better than 4? Okay :skip::skip::skip::jawalrus:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So t6 childish and overboard combos is better than 4? Okay :skip::skip::skip::jawalrus:
Breh, you listed the OST, storyline, and atmosphere for reasons why T4 is supposedly better. :skip:

I don't know about you but those features don't exactly determine what makes a good fighter.

Pretty much every Tekken has overboard combos breh...step your game up

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
:duck:

Breh, I've played all the games in the series. I can say that TT1, 5 and 3 have the most balanced combo systems. 6 went overboard with bound combos. Duh, KOF and GG have competitive gameplay and challenging AI and yet they deliver with the dope OST. Tekken slipped with it's tracks. Story is also one of the reasons I cop Tekken when I play solo. It was pretty interesting until T5. Now, I only play it for competition. Thanks to online features, I can challenge anyone online. Otherwise, I would just leave it to dust.

Dreamer

Rookie
Daps
I like fighting games, but they are 99% the same game from one year to the next just the same as sports games(besides graphics) I'm not on it redbox borrow and return alll sports or fighting games for me.

I can play shooters and rpg types for way longer without getting bored, just my preference tho.

Dreamer

Rookie
Daps
Tekken is one of the best fighting games tho to me, tekken 2 was one of my first ps games, and tekken tag tournament idk even know how many hours i spent playin with my friends on that gd projection screen, but playing fighting games online is meh, the lag the crazy people not worth the time to search for somebody to fight half a match with online, if u are winning they just leave. so yeah no

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
The gameplay was an unbalanced mess. Infinite combos on arena stage. Jab frames stopped dn near every move, Jin laser scrapper rape, Steve could turn you completely around blocking his strings, Nina cartwheel move, sidewalk making a lot of moves worthless.