Tekken 4 is severely underrated

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
I don't know why nikkas think 4 is the worst in the series. 6 is probably worse than 4 in many ways.

Nikkas hatin on 4 because:

- Unparallel level designs
- Can easily botch up combos
- Jin's broken moves
- Lack of characters
- Heihachi in thongs

What they don't see in 4:

- Awesome soundtrack. Probably in level of first three Tekken games.

Those OST shyts on any tracks of T6.

- Great atmosphere. The battle on Honmaru is probably the greatest last stage on any Tekken game.

- Great narrative and storytelling. Arguably the best in the whole series.

That Kazuya prologue actually send some shivers through my spine. That nikka narrator sounds like he is storytelling a suspense film.

- Kazuya as the central character.

KazuyaMishima(T4).jpg

Him kicking T-force's asses in the intro was a beauty.

- Normal body proportions. Characters don't look like roided fukks.

- No generic anime bullshyt. No kawaii-moe desu crap or overpowered DBZ bullshyt. Just straight up beating the crap of each other.

- Less fan service characters. All character stories in this game are interesting, including Xiaoyu and Panda/Kuma. Yes, they actually have a serious storylines in this game. No high school girls for virgin weabos to fap on except Xiaoyu, Christie and Julia.

Last edited:

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
T2 have more characters than T3. If T4 have same character rosters as T5 and T6, you'll be singing a different tune. I don't really mind many characters. In fact, I like it. However, when it's just almost a palette swap eating a roster space, that huge roster is pretty much a selection of few characters.

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T2 have more characters than T3. If T4 have same character rosters as T5 and T6, you'll be singing a different tune. I don't really mind many characters. In fact, I like it. However, when it's just almost a palette swap eating a roster space, that huge roster is pretty much a selection of few characters.
lets just agree to disagree then... i just remembered being disappointed with 4 after tekken 3..

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
T3 was the best IMO

True and it's unfair to T4. It was more of an experimental entry to the series. The wall elements is still used up to this date. And this game actually encourage you to poke more instead of juggling your opponents like a volleyball.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I respect Tekken 4 for trying to mix it up especially with the wall combos and stuff, but it wasn't as good as Tekken 2 or 3 and 5 kinda blew it out of the water with the tweaks in gameplay and character selection.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I respect T4 for it being fully in 3D on top of not having any characters that were fan service or 'clones' outside of the usual Heihachi and Kazuya. It also was the most refreshing because there weren't no major monsters to fight against, just raw combat.

The only 2 things that harmed this game is the low amount of characters (lowest amount since Tekken 1) and the lack of game play modes outside of Tekken Force.

If it had the amount of characters of T5, with the varied stages and characters, it would easily be the best out of the franchise.