Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
One thing you have to remember is that Tech in particular is subject to boom/bust outside of the stalwarts like Microsoft/Apple/Google/Amazon

Many of those companies grow at exponential rates, and in many cases unsustainably. WeWork is a great example of this as well. Too many start-ups and traditional companies have an aversion to running lean. They think it makes them look unsuccessful/don't have growth. And in the cases of Social Media platforms like Meta there's a big conversation around disinformation and advertising that's causing people to not spend their money on the platform for good or ill.

In the case of Intel, the US just announced that they are freezing chips and semiconductor R&D AND manufacturing in China. China is Intel's biggest market for semiconductors and chips. So if China can't make them at the rate they did, they can't sell them at the rate they did. So they take a hit as well.

Other industries don't have these kinds of issues. Travel/Hospitality are banging right now.

There's going to be a downturn, will it be like 08? No. Too many markets, and people's HOMES aren't in danger like they were then. But Tech is a weird indicator for the economy. I remember the .com bubble bursting and while that hit Wall Street, the average person was (relatively) unaffected.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember posting a warning about this a while back. Whenever crowds of people are doing something, stand back. Find out the reason they’re doing what their doing. And decide if that reason is good enough for u to join them.

I’m of the mind that it’s important u love what u do. I’d rather stay at a job that provides me this luxury than hop on to the next best offer.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Those companies are beholden to their share owners, so they gotta stop the bleeding if not turn a profit.

Tons of other companies are hiring IT across the board. I get hit up for work at least 10x per week, and that's just from LinkedIn.

Yup. The pendulum swinging the other way from all those Unicorn IPOs in the 2010's. Then basically 2.5 years of plummeting profits not just because of COVID but also because of savvy consumerism as well.

The Metaverse is NOT moving the average person. :pachaha:

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Meta had:

- total number of employees in 2021 was 71,970, a 22.81% increase from 2020.

-total number of employees in 2020 was 58,604, a 30.4% increase from 2019.

-total number of employees in 2019 was 44,942, a 26.29% increase from 2018.

-total number of employees in 2018 was 35,587, a 41.75% increase from 2017.

There's no way they can sustain that many employees when the company is in decline and Zuck spending billions trying to make metaverse happen.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Recession is going to hit hard .
Phone blowing up these last couple days after I been telling people for months industries are grinding to a halt. Real estate is already done, I was liquidating assets late last year to this summer and telling any and everybody to GET OUT.. Now they like they need to sell ASAP, bruhhhhh..

Its gonna be a blood bath, I cant believe how short people memories are, if you were a kid in 2009 or so, I get it I guess but the history is very recent and information is freely available.. People I know from Appraisers, inspectors, Mortgage brokers, title agents, realtors, all saying business grinding to a fukking halt.. Them prices gonna come down and the next shoe to drop gonna be jobs, the feds feel like people have too much money and they want to get inflation under control.. They gonna put everyone on they ass one way or another.. Get liquid and skill up for next wave.. Oh and best believe you gonna get a TON of "hey big head" text talking about they a soft girl now

People not ready for the next 12-24 months of pain..